SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69876 - 01/26/10 03:53 PM Re: Re Bernies styles
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I am not having any success with Bernie's styles either Derek. My KN7 shows the same message "empty"

I have now formatted a new SD Card in the KN7, saved etc. downloaded Bernie's styles
three times and still, I get this message.
Even Fred's tool cannot load it. I've given up now, as I have an important 'gig' coming up and must concentrate on getting a programme together.

Thank you any way Bernie, it is good of you to think of us all.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 01-30-2010).]

#69877 - 01/27/10 02:12 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I'm a bit busy at present, but give me a couple of days or so and I'll write a step-by-step procedure for restoring the styles from the Back-Up file which I placed on the "4shared" website...............

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69878 - 01/27/10 07:37 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
I am having any success with Bernie's styles either Derek. My KN7 shows the same message "empty"

I have now formatted a new SD Card in the KN7, saved etc. downloaded Bernie's styles
Even Fred's tool cannot load it. I've given up now, as I have an important 'gig' coming up and must concentrate on getting a programme together.

Audrey

Yes Audrey, this is exactly what I was getting on my KN7000 when I tried to load the card."The file that you tried to load is empty. Derek

#69879 - 01/27/10 07:40 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
I am having any success with Bernie's styles either Derek. My KN7 shows the same message "empty"

Audrey

Yes Audrey, this is exactly what I was getting on my KN7000 when I tried to load the card."The file that you tried to load is empty. Derek

#69880 - 01/27/10 01:48 PM Re: Re Bernies styles
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi,I download all the pads on a disquette and I try to save them on another sd card but no luck His there a procedure to download them on the sd card from the disk
Thanks

#69881 - 01/27/10 02:04 PM Re: Re Bernies styles
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Restoring Bernie's Styles to SD Card

To enable this procedure to be followed, I must assume the following :
1. You are able to successfully download the .SDB file from the 4shared website, to a location on your PC.
2. You have access to an SD Card Reader/Writer module which can be connected to your PC via a USB port.
3. You have a Blank SD Card with a capacity of 256MB or greater.
4. You have either the Panasonic Song Manager program, or Fred Mellink's KN-SDExplorer program installed on your PC.

There are some differences in the procedures using Song Manager and Fred's program, so a procedure is written for both programs.

Procedure 1 - Using Song Manager.

1. Go to http://www.4shared.com/file/205388070/943a2076/KN7000.html and download the 'KN7000.sdb' file. For simplicity, I suggest you download the file to your
Desktop. The file is approximately 90MB in length so will take some time to transfer.
2. Insert a blank unformatted SD Card in your Reader/Writer module and connect to a USB port your PC - an extra small Icon will appear in the Taskbar's Notification area (Near the Clock)
3. Start the Panasonic Song Manager program .
4. In the top Menu of the Song Manager window, Left Click on the 'SD Manage' entry - a drop-down menu will appear.
5. Click on the 'SD Restore' option - another window will open.
6. At the top of the window in the section 'Look in:', click on the small down-arrow button at the right side of the 'Look in' section.
7. In the drop-down list of folders, click on the 'Desktop' entry - a list of files/folders on your particular Desktop, will then appear in the window.
8. Use the scroll bar on the right of the window to scroll through the entries, and look for the 'KN7000.sdb' file.
9. Click on the 'KN7000.sdb' and the filename will appear in the 'File name' section of the window.
10 Click on the 'Open' button and a warning window will appear, informing you that all current data on the card, will be erased. Click on 'Yes'.
11. A new window will open - 'SD Card Selection' - Click on 'The SD Card in the SD Card Reader/Writer'. Another window will open.
12. Scroll through the list of files/folders in the window and look for an entry named 'Removable Disk' or similar.
13. Depending on how your PC is configured, when you scroll through the list you may or may not see the 'Removable Disk' entry. If this is the case, look for the 'Computer' or 'My Computer' entry and click on that entry, to expand the content. You should then see the 'Removable Desk' entry.
14. Click on 'Removable Disk' to define the target location for the decompressed KN7000 files, followed by OK.
15. The Decompression / Transfer process will then start and if your Reader/Writer has an 'activity LED', you should see this LED illuminate and rapidly flash.
16. The process will take quite a bit of time - around 15 minutes or so - and when it has finished, you should see a small pop-up window 'Completed'.
17. Click OK, close the Song Manager window and Click on the small Icon in the Taskbar notification area (Near the Clock) to safely remove the USB Reader/Writer module. The SD Card will then be ready to use in your KN7000.

Procedure 2 - Using KN-SDExplorer.

The KN-SDExplorer program does not recognise a blank SD Card, when it is connected via an SD Reader/Writer on a USB port, so an additional step is required to enable the program to recognise the card.

1. Place a blank SD Card in your KN7000 and execute a Save procedure - it does not matter what you save - it is just a procedure to establish the folder/file structure on the SD Card, so that the KN-SDExplorer program will recognise the Card.
2. Insert the SD Card in your Reader/Writer module and connect to a USB port your PC - an extra small Icon will appear in the Taskbar's Notification area (Near the Clock)
3. Depending on the configuration of your PC, a Pop-Up window may appear providing program options and asking "What do you want Window to do?" If this occurs, then click on the KN-SD Explorer option and then OK. This will open the program.
4. If the Pop-up window does not appear, then just start the KN-SDExplorer program in the normal way.....
5. Click on the 'File' option in the top Menu and in the drop-down menu, click on 'Restore'. Another window will open.
6. At the top of the window in the section 'Look in:', click on the small down-arrow button at the right side of the 'Look in' section.
7. In the drop-down list of folders, click on the 'Desktop' entry - a list of files/folders on your particular Desktop, will then appear in the window.
8. Use the scroll bar on the right of the window to scroll through the entries, and look for the 'KN7000.sdb' file.
9. Click on the 'KN7000.sdb' and the filename will appear in the 'File name' section of the window.
10. Click on 'Open' and a warning message will appear asking you if you wish to delete the existing songs - Click on OK to clear the Card content.
11. The Decompression and Restore process will then begin, a 'progress' window will appear and the 'active' LED on the Reader/Writer module will illuminate.
12 The process will take some time - around 20 minutes - and when it has finished, the program will carry out a verification process and the progress window will close.
13. The Main KN-SD Explorer will then display all the 'TFLD' files on the Card.
14 Close the KN-SDExplorer window and Click on the small Icon in the Taskbar notification area (Near the Clock) to safely remove the USB Reader/Writer module.

The SD Card will then be ready to use in your KN7000.

Hope this helps - I cannot make the process any simpler

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 01-27-2010).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69882 - 01/30/10 01:24 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Popped out and bought a new 2gig SD Card - initialised it in my KN7000 - used Song Manager for KN to transfer these files to it - and Bob's your uncle it works perfectly - many thanks Bernie...

#69883 - 01/30/10 01:42 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rog
We are gearing up for our annual Jam in Florida, and I was thinking of my three favorite Brits. Your names come up all the time.
Hip Hip Hooray

#69884 - 01/30/10 06:58 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Aaah - memories...
Rog

#69885 - 02/02/10 04:40 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I have also been trying to load the styles with exactly the same problems described by others. I must point our that I have recently acquired a KN7000 after a long spell on Tyroses 1 and 2. (Is that the right plural for Tyros?). I did not get anything other than the board and manual so I do not have the Panasonic Song Manager Program which appears to be essential to perform this load.
Is it possible to obtain the disc on which this program appears? I am so pleased to be playing the KN7000 again after the Tyros years but do find some of the built in styles a bit dated and would very much like to be able to load others.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trevor
dated

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online