SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69886 - 02/02/10 05:25 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Trevor and welcome back to the 'Technics Fold'

You'll find the files necessary to burn an 'Applications and Drivers' CD, (Which includes Song Manager) on my website : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/ Tech Tips page - Tip number 15. You should also download either Tip 1 or 2 - depending on your PC operating system, which describes the installation procedure for the drivers and programs on the CD.

Regarding the KN7000 built-in styles - you can also download all the built-in styles from the previous KN series (2000 - 6500 and KN2400/2600) here : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html All these styles have been re-configured to KN7000 format.
There are also around 160 styles available which are configured for specific songs/tunes, rather than being of a generic format.

Have Fun!

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69887 - 02/02/10 05:45 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Many thanks for your prompt reply Bill. I will burn the CD forthwith. I have already downloaded the styles from you site but have so far been unable to load them..Will try again later.

Many thanks again

Trevor

#69888 - 02/06/10 04:02 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
trevorjohn Offline

After I replied to your last post Bill I have had to give other matters my undivided attention so have been unable to respond until now. I have encountered some problems. These may be due to computer mismatches in part. My PC runs on Windows 7 and my laptop on XP. I have downloaded everything OK onto the PC but I suspect that it doesn't like the Technics programs because as soon as I try to transfer into Song Manager I get an error message. My router doesn't work on the la top, only on XP and Vista. The other complication is that I cannot obtain any 1gig SD cards locally and the 7000 wont accept 2gig cards. The ones that I have from my old 7000 come from the days when 16mb was massive and they are no use for files of the size involved here. I shall continue to search on the web.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to another problem I have. As I said in my first post, the KN7000 which I bought had no software with it but it has got a lot of the previous owner's setting which I would like to replace. Factory reset doesn't remove them and the manual mentions a CD which would.. Is this obtainable nowadays or is there another way to achieve my objective?

I have spotted the link to Premier-Ink and will check whether they still have the 1GB cards.

Cheers,

Trevor

#69889 - 02/06/10 04:14 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
trevorjohn Offline

Success. They still have the 1 gig cards

#69890 - 02/06/10 04:15 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA

#69891 - 02/06/10 06:19 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Trevor - you may not know it but you live very near to Audrey...could be helpful...
Anyway, you say of your KN7000 - it has got a lot of the previous owner's setting which I would like to replace - can you be a bit more clear about which particular area of the keyboard these settings are giving you problems?
Rog

#69892 - 02/07/10 04:09 PM Re: Re Bernies styles
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Trevor,

It's funny Roger should mention you live near me for as as soon as I saw your name and the mention of the Tyros keyboard, my thoughts turned to the Quy Organ Club which unfortunately because of other commitments, I am not able to visit on a regular basis, but on the one night I did go a few months back, the organist didn't turn up and one of the Members went home and fetched his Tyros with which he entertained us all evening and which, in my opinion was played better than some of the professionals. Could that be you by any chance?

Please feel free to email me.

Audrey

#69893 - 02/08/10 01:54 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
trevorjohn Offline

Hi Roger
The settings that I wish to delete are the custom styles. It may be that once I am able to get the styles which I have dowloaded onto one of the 1Gig cards which have now been ordered the problem may solve itself. I hope to know by the end of the week. The trouble with getting old is that you forget how you did things a few years back ( or even a few days back).
As you will have seen from Audrey's post we have indeed met at the Cambridge Club. I was the person involved on that occasion.
Fortunately I only live 10 minutes drive from the venue so the Chairman come with me to collect my gear which all had to be disassembled first. What a panic. But we made it OK and the concert started 20 minutes late. Which wasn't bad. Although I hadn't got a program prepared, my years of experience got me through and everyone seemed quite happy.

Regards
Trevor

#69894 - 02/08/10 02:32 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
trevorjohn Offline

Hello Audrey
As you will see from my previous post I was indeed the guilty party on that occasion at Quy. I still go there when it doesn't clash with other gigs; this coming Saturday being one, I hope. I would e-mail you if I could remember how to access your profile but that is another facility which has faded into the deep recesses of my sub-conscious.
Best wishes...Trevor

#69895 - 02/08/10 05:07 AM Re: Re Bernies styles
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trevorjohn:
The settings that I wish to delete are the custom styles.
Trevor

Regarding the custom styles they are in flash memory and stay there permanently until you overwrite them - either with new styles from sd or floppy or with blanks. I provided blanks of single customs and an all 20 blank file to load in with the 7000 book for people who like neat custom sections

Any reset does not affect them. The initial floppy disk had the 20 factory custom styles - you don't need the cds. It can still be downloaded here http://www.technics-music-service.de/downloads/index.htm
select 7000 software.

Alternatively you could erase a composer and copy it to a custom to blank it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online