SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69448 - 11/14/09 07:55 AM I'm Back
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Friends
After a hiatus of sorts, I finally realized that newer is not necessarily better. I have gone through the Korg PA-800 and Roland G70, not to mention the Nord and Receptor, thinking that I had better find a replacement for my KN7000. There is none for me. The KN7000,simply, is the best keyboard ever made IMHO.

I will return to help support this forum in any way I can

Bernie

#69449 - 11/14/09 08:42 AM Re: I'm Back
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Good for you, Bernie. You never really left, though. You were smart enough to keep the KN7000.

I now have two 7000's and a 2600. At my age they should last longer than me.

There is no reason for me to buy new. The 7000 does everything I want or need, and does it well. So, I bought a couple of guitars. That will satisfy the need for a new toy every now and then.

#69450 - 11/14/09 09:59 AM Re: I'm Back
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bernie,
When reading post on other forums it is difficult to keep your own mind, with all the hype about whatever you read and wonder, and then you buy.
I have a Kn5000 and would upgrade if I found a Kn7000. This does not make the keyboard that I have now lesser, it’s a good keyboard and it is not to be compared because it’s just different.

Welcome back, but you never left. Please post some of your music Bernie.

Take care my fiend, John C.

#69451 - 11/14/09 01:05 PM Re: I'm Back
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Bernie, Glad to you have returned to the true forum and that your heart has won. Yes the KN7 is still unbelievable as many of my friends have said if ONLY the KN8! THE KN7 only missed out,76 keys would have made the ultimate!!!! poss USB2+ but thats been greedy
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards and early Xmas greetings
John and Diane

#69452 - 11/14/09 02:28 PM Re: I'm Back
Bernie9 Offline

Thanks everyone. Like Dorothy and the prodigal son, I thought the grass was greener.

John
I,in no way, meant to imply anyones keyboard is lesser. To each his or her own. However, for me, I wasted precious months learning other OS's, in order to give each a fair trial.

Yes, there are other keyboards with features the KN7000 doesn't have, like dual SMF players and built in audio. The KN7000 has a great keybed e.g., but the G70 has a better one for some. For ME,when I choose one gigging board, the KN7000 wins hands down.

Bernie

#69453 - 11/15/09 12:00 AM Re: I'm Back
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Posted by Bernie:
John
I, in no way, meant to imply anyone’s keyboard is lesser. To each his or her own. However, for me, I wasted precious months learning other OS's, in order to give each a fair trial.

Bernie, I did not read anything into your post about lesser. I am in agreement with most of what you said except your statement about the time you wasted. The time I spend on different keyboards and their different Operating Systems has increased my general knowledge of keyboards. When you go back to your Kn7000 you may have some new thoughts.

A N D I read somewhere that as a senior we lose brain at a greater rate. The article stated that doing something like crossword puzzles and the like of there of does not help you produce more brain cells. It is only when you give the mind new challenges that the brain begins to produce more brain cells than it is losing. So as you step to your Kn7000 consider yourself a bit smarter, or at least you stood your ground. (Smile)

Does anyone have an opinion on the difference in sound between a Kn5000 and a Kn7000.

John C.

#69454 - 11/15/09 03:10 AM Re: I'm Back
Bernie9 Offline

John
I could have spent that time at Bill Norri's site and wouldn't have to ask dumb questions about the KN7000 OS. Again, I am no technician, but loved my KN5000. I found the sound quite similar, but the speaker system and SD card certainly was better.

#69455 - 11/15/09 04:02 AM Re: I'm Back
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
....and wouldn't have to ask dumb questions about the KN7000 OS....

I've always learned that there is no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

Technics made wonderful keyboards, no doubt. My favourite was/is the KN5000, even after try
out KN6 and 7 I did not find it worth upgrade, the KN5 did what I wanted it to do.
Today I may consider buy a KN6500 w/HD if I come across a nice item, but it's sure not often
(if ever) any to see for sale in this country.

There are keyboards who have better sounds, there are keyboards who have a far better live
feel when play styles as is, even the 76 keys and keybeds used by Ketron and Roland are just
great, but as far as I can see, there are still no other who can match Technics regaring the
OS and userfriendly way of use.
Anyway, it's always a matter of personal taste and need, but if someone manage to build a
mix of Technics and Ketron, maybe a Techtron or Kethnics, it would probably be my all time
favourite.

Happy Playing everybody, nearly time to practice for X-Mas songs again.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#69456 - 11/15/09 04:22 AM Re: I'm Back
Bernie9 Offline

GJ
You are right about the OS ease of use. I forgot to mention that it is one of the main reasons why I stick with Technics. I remember when I first got my KN5000. You were my Guru

#69457 - 11/15/09 05:30 AM Re: I'm Back
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Quote Bernie9
Hi Friends
After a hiatus of sorts, I finally realized that newer is not necessarily better. I have gone through the Korg PA-800 and Roland G70, not to mention the Nord and Receptor, thinking that I had better find a replacement for my KN7000. There is none for me. The KN7000,simply, is the best keyboard ever made IMHO.
I will return to help support this forum in any way I can"

I couldn't agree more Bernie - I bought the Tyros3 in case my KN7 packed up on me but everything I play still sounds better on the Technics and the Technics OS is still the easiest to work with. Fans of other boards may disagree but My KN7 is still the big number 1.
Tony

#69458 - 11/15/09 05:32 PM Re: I'm Back
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
John C, you asked for opinions on the difference between KN5000 and KN7000.
In the short time I have had my KN7000, I have noticed that the 5000 seemed to have a softer and more delicate feel generally. I put that down to the overall "power"(for lack of a better word)of the 7000. My friends think the KN7000 has better quality sounds, and I agree with them.
The KN7000 is very much oriented towards organ styles with many more than the KN5000 organ sounds. The KN5000 has more big band and jazz variations.
I think the KN7000 is a big advance overall on the previous models,and my next favourite is the KN5000. But back as far as the KN2000 all were great keyboards. IMHO
Just my 2 cents(tuppence) worth.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69459 - 11/16/09 02:38 AM Re: I'm Back
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ray,
If you would like all the built-in styles from the previous KN series (2000,3000,5000,6000/6500) together with the styles from the KN2400/2600 and some extra 'World' styles, you can download them from my website. They are all in KN7000 format to load into the Composer Memory. http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html
Full instructions are on the page...........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69460 - 11/16/09 07:52 AM Re: I'm Back
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:

I couldn't agree more Bernie - I bought the Tyros3 in case my KN7 packed up on me but everything I play still sounds better on the Technics and the Technics OS is still the easiest to work with. Fans of other boards may disagree but My KN7 is still the big number 1.
Tony

I am still playing my kn6000, which I LOVE ... I was thinking kn7000 when technics announced they would no longer make the kn series ... so I just stayed with the kn6 ...

My wife and I had dinner at a local restaurant last night and there is a duo - kb player and female vocalist - performing standards from the "Great American Song Book" ... a month ago when we ate there the kb player was playing a technics kn1000 which sounded great - he just used piano/bass/drums - last night he was playing a CASIO Privia which sounded really nice ... he said he thinks technics engineers went to CASIO because the OS is so similar and when he looked at the manual it looked the same as the technics ...

t.

#69461 - 11/16/09 09:59 AM Re: I'm Back
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... he said he thinks technics engineers went to CASIO because the OS is so similar and when he looked at the manual it looked the same as the technics ...

Does that mean we can or going to find a "Technics arranger" among the Casio arranger line?
The Casio arrangers I've seen so far did not impress me much, but at very low price it may
be a nice start and learn to play keyboard?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#69462 - 11/18/09 01:37 AM Re: I'm Back
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
There are rumours that Casio will soon be unveiling a new range topping keyboard and the word is that it's going to be quite a shock to the big 3. Their last top model, the MZ-2000 was surprisingly good. With the similarity to Technics instruments, this may be the good news which Technics owners have been waiting for.
When Technics closed down their keyboard division, it was hoped that someone would buy it and Casio would have been the most likely to consider this move.
Looking forward to seeing the new top model - it would be even better if they could be persuaded to make a module version too.
Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online