SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69458 - 11/15/09 05:32 PM Re: I'm Back
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
John C, you asked for opinions on the difference between KN5000 and KN7000.
In the short time I have had my KN7000, I have noticed that the 5000 seemed to have a softer and more delicate feel generally. I put that down to the overall "power"(for lack of a better word)of the 7000. My friends think the KN7000 has better quality sounds, and I agree with them.
The KN7000 is very much oriented towards organ styles with many more than the KN5000 organ sounds. The KN5000 has more big band and jazz variations.
I think the KN7000 is a big advance overall on the previous models,and my next favourite is the KN5000. But back as far as the KN2000 all were great keyboards. IMHO
Just my 2 cents(tuppence) worth.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69459 - 11/16/09 02:38 AM Re: I'm Back
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ray,
If you would like all the built-in styles from the previous KN series (2000,3000,5000,6000/6500) together with the styles from the KN2400/2600 and some extra 'World' styles, you can download them from my website. They are all in KN7000 format to load into the Composer Memory. http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html
Full instructions are on the page...........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69460 - 11/16/09 07:52 AM Re: I'm Back
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:

I couldn't agree more Bernie - I bought the Tyros3 in case my KN7 packed up on me but everything I play still sounds better on the Technics and the Technics OS is still the easiest to work with. Fans of other boards may disagree but My KN7 is still the big number 1.
Tony

I am still playing my kn6000, which I LOVE ... I was thinking kn7000 when technics announced they would no longer make the kn series ... so I just stayed with the kn6 ...

My wife and I had dinner at a local restaurant last night and there is a duo - kb player and female vocalist - performing standards from the "Great American Song Book" ... a month ago when we ate there the kb player was playing a technics kn1000 which sounded great - he just used piano/bass/drums - last night he was playing a CASIO Privia which sounded really nice ... he said he thinks technics engineers went to CASIO because the OS is so similar and when he looked at the manual it looked the same as the technics ...

t.

#69461 - 11/16/09 09:59 AM Re: I'm Back
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... he said he thinks technics engineers went to CASIO because the OS is so similar and when he looked at the manual it looked the same as the technics ...

Does that mean we can or going to find a "Technics arranger" among the Casio arranger line?
The Casio arrangers I've seen so far did not impress me much, but at very low price it may
be a nice start and learn to play keyboard?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#69462 - 11/18/09 01:37 AM Re: I'm Back
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
There are rumours that Casio will soon be unveiling a new range topping keyboard and the word is that it's going to be quite a shock to the big 3. Their last top model, the MZ-2000 was surprisingly good. With the similarity to Technics instruments, this may be the good news which Technics owners have been waiting for.
When Technics closed down their keyboard division, it was hoped that someone would buy it and Casio would have been the most likely to consider this move.
Looking forward to seeing the new top model - it would be even better if they could be persuaded to make a module version too.
Tony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online