SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69192 - 09/21/09 05:07 AM Comparison - Midi-File Test
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
When YouTube was a midi file test presented. The song "Sway" was leaving on Audya, run the Tyros 3 and the PA2Xpro.
With Audya and the Tyros 3 is yes, to Key `s is the latest generation and also the PA2Xpro only slightly older.
I have the MIDI file "raw Sway" also terminate at the KN 7000 enables.
The flavors are, as with many things, differently.

Regard! A midi file contains no sound! Only commands that sounded a certain standardized instrument to let.

Here is the test of Midi-File Audya; Tyros 3 and PA2Xpro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8RZM5M0Pzs&feature=rec-HM-r2

And here KN 7000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lot2ucLzngk

#69193 - 09/22/09 07:19 AM Re: Comparison - Midi-File Test
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Harry sorry but the test is misleading. This Video was torn apart on the General arranger Forum four months ago.

Each keyboard must be adjusted to bring out the best of a midi file. So what I am hearing is subject to the way a keyboard received the midi file and that tells us very little. Placing a different midi file, different song and style may give us a different view.

The KN7000 sounds good but in all fairness the lead instrument is way out front. The other two keyboards did not have a chance.

Sorry again, John C.

#69194 - 09/23/09 01:52 AM Re: Comparison - Midi-File Test
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Bruno,

if generally a comparison is possible, the Midifile in the Key mayn't be worked on, because then become apparent the specific DSP.

A Midifile contains no tones! Only tax orders! The sound delivers the Key.

I think that is still audible that the KN 7000 has no serious sound disadvantages to the new Keys.

If I work on "Sway" in the KN 7000, it sounds better!

#69195 - 09/23/09 04:45 AM Re: Comparison - Midi-File Test
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Harry, If I play a midi file using the sound card in my computer it does not sound as good as my keyboard. And so with each instrument/keyboard.
But this is not a test of a keyboard but of the unaltered sound of a keyboard, the natural sound of the keyboard instrument sounds. A true test would be to have someone who understood each keyboard equally create a midi file using all the features in each keyboard. You see it is not only the instrument sound that is needed to create a great midi file, there is more to a keyboard.

It has taken me a while to understand the sequencer in my Tyros3 as well as I understood the sequencer in the Kn7000. I sequenced for many years from the KN2000 to the Kn7000.
I do not mean this to be a comparison that will disturb a Kn7000 owner, this is meant to be for the person who is seeking information.

What I have learned about the Tyros 3 sequencer:

1-I can add the pads, and each pad is recorded to a different track allow me to edit the sometimes repetitive boring sound.
2-Placing the pad is done in real time recording one at a time. I’ll use a cymbal to demonstrate. As the sequence is playing I can start and stop the cymbal so that it is closer to a real performance. The key here is while it’s playing I can hear and feel where the pads sound closer to real.
3-All four pads can be used at the same time.
5-Different pads from different sets of four can also be used which means I can add four pads from one set of drum pads and four pads from trumpet/ sax groups of pads.
Since pads are good for accents and effects I find them valuable, they take away the sometimes boring feeling of the style. As a style is, it is repetitive.

With these options I able to produce a better sequence. There is much more but this enough for this post.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online