SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69142 - 09/12/09 09:04 AM Technics KN7000 startup
Jene Offline

Loc: Helena, Georgia, USA
I am a recent owner of a used Technics KN7000.
Mine has rev 1.4 software.
When I turn off the keyboard and come back later and turn it on the rhythm and sound settings are where I left them.
My friend has one with rev 1.3 software.
When he turns it off and back on it reverts to default settings. He would like for his to work like mine.
Does the software version make a difference?
Should the rhythm and sound settings remain where you leave them?
HELP

Jene

[This message has been edited by Jene (edited 09-12-2009).]

#69143 - 09/14/09 03:16 AM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
See page 198 of the Owner's Manual.
Keith

#69144 - 09/14/09 11:12 AM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello,

Version 1.3 or version 1.4 and 1.6?

An update is only possible with floppy disks.

Version 1.6 you should take if Wave Expansions 01,02,03,04 are installed.

The KN7000 has two fields. It was a PROGRAM and a table area.

Version 1.4, as far as I know, in particular, has spelling errors in the table-field corrected.

The table is actually for the smooth running of the KN7000 is not so important. In the table area are the ads and articles that appear in the display. So for example the help text in different languages.

Most important is the program update.

The version 1.6 is definitely the last, most recent version, and prevented, especially with built-EW-boards that the KN7000 crash. There were problems that often operate with older versions.

The updates for each version 2. Exe files. These files can you not to simply copy the disc but will need to click on the PC and the. Exe and run it on the diskette are unpacked.

Requirements: As an update, it is, I think, in the download - area.

If you need help by the installation, I could help you.

I hope it is understandable.
It is difficult for me in a foreign language to write.

Greeting

HarryG

#69145 - 09/14/09 11:23 AM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
Jene Offline

Thanks Harry

I'm mainly concerned with Rhythm and Sound settings not holding when turning on and off.
I Don't think Rev 1.4 or 1.6 affect this.
I've found out this is affected by how long the keyboard is on a few minutes may not work.
Also the menu settings and age of unit can affect it.

I don't see this as a problem. Settings can be saved to a SD card. This is most permanent.

Thanks again.

Jene

#69146 - 09/14/09 01:34 PM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
One other thought for you Jene.
On the far right at the bottom of the lid is a set of 3 buttons one of which is marked 'Custom Panel'.
This is for setting and saving your favorite set up precisely for when you turn your keyboard off for a while. When switching on again you then press this button and the keyboard returns to your favorite setting.
More details on page 67 of the manual.

#69147 - 09/16/09 06:21 AM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
Jene Offline

Thanks RMepstead

That would be the only way to save a setting no matter how long the keyboard is off other than the SD card.
When power is off for a extended period should chord fingering stay on fingered if this is set, be random or is basic a default?? Also with panel memory mode should it be normal or random as a default??

Regards
Jene

#69148 - 09/17/09 04:02 AM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Jene
Not sure without checking what the defaults for these sort of things might or might not be, but even if the keyboard defaults to chord fingering basic just carry on because this is the first keyboard I've ever come across where if you have it set up on basic (ie one finger) it will still recognise all the chords played in full...absolute magic.
Rog

#69149 - 09/17/09 11:02 AM Re: Technics KN7000 startup
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jene,
I made a habit of loading once when I turned my keyboard on. I loaded the instrument sounds – All registration banks – Composer memory – and MSP. The data could be placed on a Floppy or the SD card.

Using this method I was always sure to start from the same point. If I make any changes because of sequencing or that I may have downloaded a midi file that changed something in my keyboard I knew I had corrected any change or changes that I may not have been aware of.

I programmed the sound direct in Kn7 so that I had a special sound setup going to my mixer -- (I was playing a job) – When I loaded a midi file it changed my settings and eliminated the bass channel going to my mixer. Not good, people stared.

I know that you can freeze some of these keyboard changes but loading once before I start puts me in a good place – I’m secure in knowing that what is in the areas that I used is still there.

John C.

PS, At the Organ concerts the performer placed a card into the instrument they were about to play for the same reasons. They took no chances.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online