SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69 - 01/26/04 04:56 AM Invitation to check out my new website (i.e., shameless plug!)
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
It has taken me 9 months to finally get the scripts down, but at last I've finally got my website, www.topgig.com back up and running.

The entire site is geared towards anyone who is interested in live music. It features facilities for; buying and selling tickets, leaving weblinks, building band profiles (which include photos, MP3s... etc), news articles and a few other bells and whistles.

I hope you'll take a few moments to check it out and if you happen to be in a band, please feel free to leave a link to your website or even build a full band profile.

I hope you don't mind the shameless plug, but I've been a regular member of the Synthzone forum for 4 years (I'm not a spammer)... and it took me ages to build the thing!

#70 - 01/29/04 04:38 AM Re: Invitation to check out my new website (i.e., shameless plug!)
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
EQ, you are right youave been around for a bit now. Anoccasionalplug is alotdiff thenspam

this keyboard ishistoryLOL

#71 - 01/29/04 11:05 AM Re: Invitation to check out my new website (i.e., shameless plug!)
tekminus Offline

You're up there with CNN on initial information-shock when getting to the page. I'm no expert on webdesign, just telling you my first impression. Maybe have less on the first page?

Do you provide free MP3 hosting?

-tek

#72 - 01/30/04 03:16 AM Re: Invitation to check out my new website (i.e., shameless plug!)
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Thanks for the positive response, folks.

I suppose it *is* a bit of an information shock on the first page, but if the site is being compaired to CNN then I'm certainly not going to worry about it!

In answer to your question, the site offers free MP3 hosting, for bands and artists who are actively seeking gigs. Ultimately, the goal of the site is to give up and coming live musicians a platform on which they can promote themselves.

If you happen to be a bedroom musician (like myself!) then the good news is that there is already an abundance of websites out there that offer free MP3 hosting.

Tek- I take on board what you're saying about design and I probably *will* modify the homepage at some point, but first I need to finish the member's admin area.

[This message has been edited by Equalizer (edited 01-30-2004).]

#73 - 01/30/04 07:50 AM Re: Invitation to check out my new website (i.e., shameless plug!)
tekminus Offline

I fall into the bedroom musical genius musician category also.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online