SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68569 - 05/14/09 05:29 PM March Jam in Florida
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
Hi All,

Have been waiting for someone to post how the jam in Florida was in March. How many attended and what went on.

Mary

#68570 - 05/17/09 07:31 AM Re: March Jam in Florida
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
MARY....

Maybe they cancelled the FL jam this year?

Maybe they decided to have the jam out here in the west where many keyboarders enjoy a dryer climate?

Maybe they decided to cease and desist entirely?

Maybe someone will organize one out here in the western states....for next spring?

Elizabeth

#68571 - 05/17/09 10:56 AM Re: March Jam in Florida
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sorry for the delay in posting, as I didn't host the Jam session this year. We had a great time with the focus on jamming, as opposed to workshops. It was felt most already knew the essentials. I don't necessarily agree, but I had it two years and it was time to turn it over. There was around thirty of us at the same place in Holiday Fl.

#68572 - 05/18/09 07:31 AM Re: March Jam in Florida
Harry B Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Florida
As Bernie said, the jam was a success in that there were actually 23 people attending. There were no out of Florida members attending except Marty & Lindy Dee. They spend their winters in Florida. Although I posted announcements in January & February there wasn't any response from the forum by March 1st. At the end of the first week of March I did receive emails from several members saying the could'nt make it for a variety of reasons. Finances being a major reason. So we did have a forum that was a success. As Bernie said the emphasis was on playing & jamming. Everybody had a chance to join in. The botton line is that we had a good time & will have another jam next year in March at the same location

Harry B

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online