SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6848 - 09/28/04 10:57 PM Technics stereo problem continued
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm surprised that I can't turn the volume up above 25% or so without it clipping. It didn't used to have that problem. It makes listening to music, and hearing voices (DJs, etc.) difficult. I have a DVD player in the livingroom with a surround sound system, CDs played on that sound great, the way they should. And, I can raise the volume as much as I want with no problems, although I don't usually go above 50-60%. And, I have had stereo recievers in the past that were lighter and smaller than my Technics and they never had a clipping problem. I was hoping to use my stereo to copy tapes and records to CD via my PC, but I can't if the volume must be set low to prevent clipping. Anyway to get decent, good sounding audio from my Technics stereo and avoid the clipping problem? It's hard to rock and roll if your stereo won't. Markf505

#6849 - 09/29/04 07:26 AM Re: Technics stereo problem continued
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I can't say this for sure but it's either the power supply or whatever it's plugged into that causes the problem.

If it is indeed a power supply problem then I don't recommend you mess with it unless you have a fare bit of background in electronic repairs.
Take it to the shop. Posting at Synth forums isn't going to fix it.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 09-29-2004).]

#6850 - 09/29/04 09:30 PM Re: Technics stereo problem continued
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There's probably a short somewhere. Check all wires and connections. You might have a bad speaker and it causes an overload at a certain volume.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online