SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68429 - 04/07/09 02:40 AM Help
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
I bought a Technics KN2600 recently to take to gigs because it is much lighter in weight to carry than my KN7000, I was due to play at my keyboard club on Monday April 6th.
Before I packed it away ready to take with me, I wanted to make some final adjustments to a registration, desaster struck, the display suddenly vanished leaving just a blue window. I tried adjusting the contrast to no effect. I then initialised it by switching the keyboard off and while holding
down the three rythm buttons, Jazz& swing, Ballroom&show,Latin& world, then switching the keyboard on, but still no joy.The keyboard is useless while this fault is on it.
Please can anyone help me?
Derek

#68430 - 04/07/09 01:39 PM Re: Help
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Derek,

I would say your predicament is the musician's worst nightmare, it certainly would be mine. Here are a couple of suggestions.

1) Did you get a DATA DISK with the KN2600?
If you did, I would load the DATA DISK to see if that will cure it as usually, this disk holds all the relevant information for the keyboard to operate properly, including the Screen. Hopefully, it will restore everything back to normal but you WILL lose all your settings, so I hope you have backups of them all.

2) Does the keyboard have a BATTERY in it somewhere? Your Manual should tell you this and if it has, perhaps it needs replacing. Worth a try anyway.

If neither of these suggestions work, my advice to you is to contact Bill Norrie, he really is an expert on the Technics instruments and computers, so he may have, or will be able to find the answer you're looking for.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I hope you do get it sorted and when you do, could you please put the answer on this site in case anyone else experiences the same problem.

Good luck! Audrey

#68431 - 04/07/09 03:45 PM Re: Help
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Sounds like a fuse link in the power supply. I don't have a service manual for that keyboard so can't help.

Derek, you can enter the diagnostics mode of the KN7000 by holding down C#3, D#3, and C#4 while you turn the keyboard on. I doubt if it will work, but you may try this sequence to see if the display will show diagnostics. That's the third C# and D# from the bottom and the fourth C# from the bottom. I suspect it is the power supply though, and if that's the case, nothing will show.

I just tried that key sequence with my KN2600 and those keys do in fact start the diagnostics routine for that keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 04-07-2009).]

#68432 - 04/08/09 02:33 AM Re: Help
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Derek,
The last time my screen went blue, it was the mother???//board.
I just hope yours is not so.
good luck!!!!!
Please inform us of your success in this regard.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68433 - 04/08/09 03:05 AM Re: Help
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
Sounds like a fuse link in the power supply. I don't have a service manual for that keyboard so can't help.

Derek, you can enter the diagnostics mode of the KN7000 by holding down C#3, D#3, and C#4 while you turn the keyboard on. I doubt if it will work, but you may try this sequence to see if the display will show diagnostics. That's the third C# and D# from the bottom and the fourth C# from the bottom. I suspect it is the power supply though, and if that's the case, nothing will show.

I just tried that key sequence with my KN2600 and those keys do in fact start the diagnostics routine for that keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 04-07-2009).]

Thank you for your suggestion Bob, however I tried that but it did not work.
Derek

#68434 - 04/08/09 05:31 AM Re: Help
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
You need to take it to a technician, Derek. Could be any number of things. Good Luck

#68435 - 04/08/09 04:15 PM Re: Help
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Derek,

When I first started up our Keyboard Club two people contacted me to say they were in the business of for musical instruments, 'spares and repairs'. I've actually found their details as below:-

Repairs and Spare Parts for the Technics KN7:
Tel: 01702 546195
Fax 91702 546195
Email: bill@wdgreenhill.com

Repairs and Spare Parts Staffordshire Organ Services:
John Lunt
378 Walsall Road
Walsall WS6 6DN
Tel: 01922 412583
Email: luntwilrose@aol.com

Bear in mind that I've had these details a few years so maybe they are no longer in business, but it's worth a try.

Good luck - Audrey

#68436 - 04/09/09 07:54 AM Re: Help
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hello Derek,

When I first started up our Keyboard Club two people contacted me to say they were in the business of for musical instruments, 'spares and repairs'. I've actually found their details as below:-

Fax 91702 546195

John Lunt
378 Walsall Road
Walsall WS6 6DN

Bear in mind that I've had these details a few years so maybe they are no longer in business, but it's worth a try.

Good luck - Audrey

Hi Audrey, Thanks for the info.I will be cotacting an engineer who lives at Launston
Devon, on Saturday, I've had him before some years ago for a fault on a Technics U 90 organ. He is the only one around here who does organ and keyboard repairs. Derek

#68437 - 04/09/09 07:54 AM Re: Help
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hello Derek,

Fax 91702 546195

John Lunt
378 Walsall Road
Walsall WS6 6DN

Good luck - Audrey

Hi Audrey, Thanks for the info.I will be cotacting an engineer who lives at Launston
Devon, on Saturday, I've had him before some years ago for a fault on a Technics U 90 organ. He is the only one around here who does organ and keyboard repairs. Derek

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online