SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6837 - 04/24/06 08:29 AM midi editing
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
Id like to edit pre made midi's slightly ... just simple things like kill a track or change the vol or patch # on a track..and resave it again as a midi file for play on the keyboard..

im using a casio 3700 to play the tracks.. I don't think I can edit pre made ones from there..

is there a (free if possible hehe) program which could do this..

Thanks in advance!

#6838 - 04/24/06 12:43 PM Re: midi editing
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
You need sequencer software.

When you know how to write instrument patches you can write an instrument patch, which will work on most sequencer software.

And ofcourse there are user groups for most keyboards where very often this work has been done already.

To name a few;

Well working for editing but not free;
cakewalk/sonar
cubase
logic audio

For midi editing I prefer cakewalk/sonar as
you can probably find an instrument patch
for your specific keyboard and you can very easily change from midi 0 to 1 to GM or GS or XG etc....

Then there are the cheaper ones;
Power tracks pro (I think that's from BIB)

Then there are the free/shareware ones;
type sequencer software in google and you find lot's of them.

Fred

#6839 - 04/25/06 12:21 AM Re: midi editing
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
For a lot of us here Timo, we enjoy what you do too.
Since all of us have different equipment, it is essential quite often to make changes in instrumentation. What may sound exactly as intended on one piece of equipment can sound entirely different on another. One simple example is the varience in your basic piano sound. The bright piano sound on one instrument may sound real good whereas on another it can be too bright and begin to resemble a harpsichord. This is one of the reasons why Yamaha XG evolved and still is. Although no company will ever be able to "bottle up" a certain exact sound into some code so it will sound exactly the same, at least attempts are being made so that they will be more similar than ever before. This is a good thing because as I said, sometimes the sound can be completely different.

#6840 - 06/01/06 02:21 AM Re: midi editing
Magica Alfa Offline

If you are using LINUX is the best ROSENGARDEN.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online