SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#68207 - 03/01/09 11:11 AM LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hello Technics Friends.
We seem to have lost contact with Peter Vincent over the last few months. He was having a lot of problems with his ISP and made a change and still had problems and then we just quit getting emails from him. I haven't seen him posting here either and he came with me when I started this Technics forum 10 years ago.
IF you have current info or Email address please let us know so we can contact him. My addy is above or just post here.
thanks and best to all,
Bebop

#68208 - 03/02/09 10:12 AM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
.... when I started this Technics forum 10 years ago....

Pardon my ignorance Sir, when you started this forum??
Nigel, is this correct information?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#68209 - 03/02/09 10:25 PM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Pardon my ignorance Sir, when you started this forum??
Nigel, is this correct information?

GJ

Well the Technics forum was already here but it was very much dead until Bill helped to bring the community of Technics users over to it. So in that sense this forum didn't amount to much until Bill helped to breathe life into it. We are all very happy that he chose to do that.

#68210 - 03/03/09 07:58 AM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT

Correctiion:
Untill all the Technote member came over here, and the story of that game I guess
all those of us who still going strong know a lot about.
If not, I can copy in enough posts from that time to clarify.
Much to read.

GJ

#68211 - 03/03/09 10:59 AM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I assume that Bebop had something to do with a bunch of folks moving from the Technote forum to this forum. I have no idea what went on at Technote. Those of us that came here directly from Technics Music Canada were unwilling to live with the censorship that existed at Technote’s forum and chose to use this forum. I do know that we were surprised to see so many people joining the forum at that time. None of us were very talkative and it is true that there was not a lot of activity. All you have to do is look at my profile and see how long I have been here and how few posts that I have made. My registration date is shown as Dec 1999 but that is my second registration because Nigel had a system crash and many of us had to re-register. In any event, it is certainly not accurate to say that Bebop “created” this forum.

#68212 - 03/03/09 12:09 PM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT

Well Bob, if you ask me, I would say that the Technote forum was just fine until a certain
person was stupid enough to offer free files by email directly on the forum.
On top of that, it also was actually Technote copyrighted retail disks for sale at that time
among the offered files/disks.
Technote then reacted to protect their business that I assume did pay for that forum, first
by start sencorship, and then when some fuss about the sencorship started, they closed the
forum down.
Even if the closedown was near by, this actions surely did not slow the prosess.

Anyway, the uptour for SZ Tech forum was/is a product of the "jungle telegraph", this forum
was mentioned by many members at technote before the big rush to this site began.
Many of us was already members here already, and it's a common efforth who made this SZ
forum grow, not any special person.
If any person should have special credits, it most be Nigel, the owner of the SZ forums!

Cheers
GJ

#68213 - 03/03/09 01:08 PM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I was unaware of those things GJ. The issue that I had with Technote's forum was that any post that contained a link to any other site was immediately deleted. I tried to post there soon after the Technics Canada forum was closed and had three of four posts deleted by Technote. That's primarily why several of us stayed with Synthzone from those early days.

#68214 - 03/03/09 03:10 PM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Anyway, the uptour for SZ Tech forum was/is a product of the "jungle telegraph", this forum
was mentioned by many members at technote before the big rush to this site began.
Many of us was already members here already, and it's a common efforth who made this SZ
forum grow, not any special person.
If any person should have special credits, it most be Nigel, the owner of the SZ forums!

Cheers
GJ

While obviously Nigel deserves all the credit for this forum existing, I do believe that along with myself, MANY members, some now long gone, others appearing more on the "General Arranger Forum" (due to the fact that they no longer play a technics board and we know the reason for that ) were 'introduced' to Synth-Zone by BeBop, and we should be thankful to him for that ...
t.

#68215 - 03/04/09 08:01 AM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... 'introduced' to Synth-Zone by BeBop, and we should be thankful to him for that ...

Of course, but it's quite a jump from recomend the forum and start it!
Also a lot of other Technics users participated to make SZ Tech forum known and contributed to add
members to make it what it was/is. That was never a "one man show", but common contribution.
My point is, a tiny bit of modesty don't hurt anyone. Keep the facts and truth in stories who not
are ment to be read as fairytales.
GJ

#68216 - 03/04/09 08:36 AM Re: LOOKING FOR PETER VICENT
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
All that you say is true, Gunnar, ... and perhaps I was more willing to give 'the benefit of doubt' in thinking that PERHAPS Bebop did not mean (and I don't want to be speaking for him) "when I started this forum", but rather 'when I started AT this forum ... just a thought ...
t.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online