SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68149 - 02/08/09 08:19 AM Technics PR804 sustain pedal levels
Mavermick Offline

Hi,

Me again .

From what I've read on the PR804, it's supposed to have 8 levels of sustain.

My pedal is either on or off - I'm confident of that. Has anyone else ever had this problem, when I move the piano in a couple of days I might try to take the pedal box apart to see if there's anything obvious that might have failed.

Many thanks,

Mike.

#68150 - 02/08/09 11:22 AM Re: Technics PR804 sustain pedal levels
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Friend,your pr804 is virtually the same as the KN7000, and you will find that the 8 sustain settings are in the sound menu(ref page 103/4 owners manual).The pedal just switches the sus.on or off. the default level is possibly set at 6 as it is for most of Technics pianos and keyboards.
Please check your Email
Regards John.

#68151 - 02/08/09 12:58 PM Re: Technics PR804 sustain pedal levels
Mavermick Offline

Ah......thanks John!!

There is a thread below about the KN7000 sustain which I'd read - never in my wildest dreams did I expect the digital piano offering by Technics to be similar.

The spec clearly states 8 levels of sustain - I think that's very misleading. I've read a lot of the manual, and keep doing so, but it's a lot to take in. I had though spent ages searching for the sustain pedal settings in the program menu! After reading your reply I've just spent 5 minutes changing some of the settings in the sound menu of the Concert Grand (including the pesky sustain) and I much prefer what I managed to produce.

Thanks for your help - the sustain really was ruining my enjoyment!

Mike.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online