Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68052 - 01/27/09 07:26 AM Backing tracks
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
Maybe of interest.
Joe

Backing tracks.
I recently came across this great site for free backing tracks. Check it out. I think you will love it. The backings are great and streets ahead of B i B. Below is what this generous man says about his backings. Note he the backing contains a piano solo as he explains.
Dave

http://www.playalongstudio.com/

PlayalongStudio.com
This is a collection of piano/drums/bass backing tracks of standard tunes in their original keys. They are intended for use by vocalists and instrumentalists. In all tracks, the piano solo is the next to the last chorus or the first half of the last chorus. Most tunes have a head, one or two rides, a piano chorus, and an out chorus. (If you sing or play your horn during the pianist's solo, he will glare at you.) These tracks are copyrighted by me. You may share them. (Please identify the source when you do.) You may use them to practice. You may distribute them to your friends and students. Some players even use them to perform solo gigs. (I don't, but to each his own; whatever it takes.) If you wish to record with any of these tracks for commercial distribution, please ask first. It's okay to use them in a demo or in recordings that you plan to give away. You may not, however, sell them as backing tracks. Please note that none of these tracks include lyrics or melodies. These are only rhythm section accompaniments and improvised piano solos on the chord changes. This is intentional in order to avoid copyright issues with respect to the tunes, themselves. Please do not ask me to provide lead sheets. Most of these tunes are published and readily available in the many legal fake and real books available today.

#68053 - 01/27/09 09:23 AM Re: Backing tracks
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Baron:
Maybe of interest.
Joe

Backing tracks.
I recently came across this great site for free backing tracks.

\
Joe ... perhaps I missed something, but the site says the backing track CDs are $12 plus S&H ...
That's still a very reasonable price and from the samples they do sound good ... but they don't appear to be 'free', although the software to utilize the CDs apparently is free ...

t.

#68054 - 01/27/09 02:50 PM Re: Backing tracks
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
There are a couple of sites I have found for free mp3 backing tracks, they are both for guitarists but there is nothing to stop you putting them onto a SD Card with Jukebox and playing through the KN7000 as I have done. The first is mainly Pop/Rock but there are some good backings such as Eric Clapton etc. well worth a look http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/ . The second is for any Shadows fans, a fan called Goran has created just about every Shads tune as a MP3 backing track http://goran.tangring.com/ .

Glen

#68055 - 02/11/09 03:49 PM Re: Backing tracks
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Joe

Good to see your still cookin.
Just back from Blackpool and see our
friend Joe Longthorne is on the mend.
We were in Norbreck Castle.

Cheers

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online