SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67950 - 01/03/09 01:52 AM More on Bolero rhythm
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
To Bill and Gunnar Jonny,
The saga continues.....Last night I tried Gunnar's style 2, in a PR604 (next series up from mine)and it loaded the Bolero rhythm.
I did not have a chance to explore it then, as there were quite a few other people at our music night, so I waited until supper time to explore. Guess what? It would not load the next time I tried. So it appears that the program was on the ball, but there is still a bug in the system.
Has anyone who has a K7 and tried to load this file had any success? They seem to be very quiet about it.
Also it indicates that the K7 is compatible with thePR604/804 , and could still also be with PR903.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#67951 - 01/03/09 01:58 AM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
The Saint Offline

I take back the last paragraph. Should read ...The file modified to fit KN6000 is compatible with PR604/804 and possibly PR903.
Sorry My first mistake today.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#67952 - 01/03/09 03:10 AM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ray,

The original file certainly loads and works OK on my KN7000 However, I have had no success loading the files which were converted to KN6xxx format, by our good friend Gunnar Jonny. All the copies which I sent out, were requested by KN7000 owners and were my original versions. So far, I've had no feedback from recipients of the Bolero styles, so I can only assume that they did not have any problems.......

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67953 - 01/03/09 03:29 AM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Sorry this conversions was not for any help. I've reported the issue to Klaus at EMC.

Bill, did the other 2 testfiles converted to KN7 format load? That will tell if it's
only a KN6 save "bug", or both top models, also if it's only between the KN's or also
when convert from other brands to KN.

Happy New year
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#67954 - 01/03/09 12:35 PM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Ray, I did some style downloads from the PR903 to the KN7K some years back and had no problems loading and playing the files. I think there were only four or five different styles with two of us comparing the styles back and forth until we found the new ones. I can't quite remember what the problem was, even though a Technics rep told us they weren't interchangable, but it seems the KN7K styles wouldn't load and play in the PR903. Different sound engine? Anyway, the amount of time spent on doing all that work just wasn't worth the end result. It's like upconverting old KN styles where we had to use a hex editor to change the header codes. Just a lot of time and effort that didn't always work out. Anyway, never say never - until technicsplayer says it can't be done! Have a great New Year!!

#67955 - 01/03/09 04:53 PM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Gunnar,
All the files which you sent within the "SD1&G70 to KN.zip" attachment, worked OK

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67956 - 01/03/09 05:35 PM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
Hi All,

I downloaded Bill's Bolero and it loaded just fine in the 7000.

Mary

#67957 - 01/03/09 08:36 PM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
The Saint Offline

Hi Bud, Yes I understand in principle the later model instrument will not accept input from earlier models, but the reverse will apply only up to the next new Series,as far as I know, but interesting to know that the 7K read files from the PR903,(BTW, what did you think of the 903)? I must find a 7K owner in Sydney and see if I can get a result.
Hi mary, thanks for the feed back, GGGGGEEEEEE I am getting squeezed into a corner now, I've just bought a new Golf Cart, and maybe I should have bought that s/h 7K.
Oh no!! "The Gardener" might not understand. A new garden spade would not be a fair trade for my self-indulgence.

------------------
Ray The Saint

#67958 - 01/04/09 01:24 AM Re: More on Bolero rhythm
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
All the files which you sent within the "SD1&G70 to KN.zip" attachment, worked OK

Thank you.
Then the conversions from other brands are no problem to load, so then we have
filtered out that it's within the Technics KN7000/6000 conversions only.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online