SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67692 - 11/13/08 05:24 PM Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues
kn7 Offline

Yeah, Rog - not only too young but with a tin ear. You are not that young and certainly should appreciate music from when Bob Manning was an artist. If not, you have a very narrow scope of music appreciation. Let someone like Bill instill in you what REAL music was all about. If I have an attitude, I got it from you.

kn7

#67693 - 11/13/08 05:43 PM Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Norman, or Scott, or whatever you call yourself, I find it very interesting that you posted as both nsr007 and kn7 in the same thread at http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/004065.html . Pretty incredible the way kn7 supported nsr007 . . . When did you say that you changed your email address?

#67694 - 11/13/08 08:28 PM Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues
kn7 Offline

Bob, you are showing your true colors again, being truly the old cantankerous guy with a genuine mean streak in you. I'm flattered that you have found me so interesting that you have taken precious time to do research. It just goes to show that you haven't much going on in your life. I would think that there would be more important things but apparently not. I don't know what ticked you off so. I have not said anything bad about you. Guess it is being in your nineties is the reason.

Norman, Scott, Reed (???) Gee, you have me confused! I don't know who I am. I'll have to ask you since you know more about me that I do.

This is very interesting. I was talking yesterday and again, today to a former member that told all of you a year or two ago to piss off. He said that he hasn't checked the forum in a long time. I told him that it was drying up. No one was learning anything - just a lot of cat fighting. And from your latest post, he's right.

#67695 - 11/14/08 01:21 AM Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hmmmm......
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/003889.html

nsr007 and kn7 same person, nearly same topic, and supporting eachother......
If so, a remarkable way to behave.
Put that together with a bit arrogance, what do we have then?

My first rule are always: Be yourself and be honest, if not, things will
strike back into your face sooner or later.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#67696 - 11/14/08 08:22 AM Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Bob Manning (June 1947) is a vocalist now living in Minnesota, United States.

Bob began singing Gospel as a child in Virginia, U.S., and followed a stage career to New York City where he worked with among others: Gladys Knight, James Brown, Bo Diddley, Dick Clark, The Coasters and later The Four Tops.

Living in Sweden from 1983 to 1998, Bob had a number of bands and worked with top-notch Swedish artists such as Ann-Christine Hedmark, Roger Pontare and Coste Apetrea; and was responsible for the first single recording of "Soul Sister" with Zemya Hamilton (Sonet Recording Studio).

From 1991 to 1998, he worked mainly with The Soul Enterprise, and toured throughout Scandinavia, appearing at venues such as Fasching, Stampen, the Stockholm Jazz & Blues Festival, the Stockholm Water Festival, etc, and opened for or shared the stage with Soul giants such as Isaac Hayes, Al Green and Wilson Pickett.

Makes him one year younger than me...

OR

Hi, I have some info someone ask about BOB MANNING, the crooner (THE NEARNESS OF YOU-1953)and many many other great songs. His brother's name was Sammy and sister's name was Ruthy, Bob was no kin the Dick Haymes, however Bob did listen to Dick H. while growing up, and yes it was uncanny that they kind of had the same sound. God gave Bob his voice as is, and had such a style and quality all his own.
He passed away in a LA hospital after a stroke in Oct 1997.
If anyone has any other questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability. I am his only child, and also one of his biggest fans. I pray Dad's God given voice will be appreciated for many, many more years.
Thanks for allowing my post, GOD BLESS,
BEVERLY MANNING OWENS

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 11-14-2008).]

#67697 - 11/14/08 09:24 AM Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I am listening to this song as I write this. I am amazed that this man didn't become a main stream artist. He is as good as they come, and even better then many.
It is sad that he didn't have better management as he could have really been a household name instead of an unknown name.
thank you for sharing,
Bebop

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online