Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues

Posted by: BEBOP

Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/11/08 10:40 AM

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018550.html
Bebop
Posted by: larry gosmeyer

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/12/08 04:12 PM

Thanks Bill,

This site is fantastic.

Larry
Posted by: Walt M

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/12/08 07:52 PM

A terrific site. Thanks Bebob.
If you want to save the music as it is streamed go here: www.freecorder.com
This is a totally free program that will continously save the streaming music in either wave or MP3 format. The only trouble is that it saves everything in one big file as long as you have it running. If you run it for about an hour saving in wave format you would just about have enough to convert and burn to a CD.
Walt
Posted by: kn7

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/12/08 09:05 PM

Hi Bebop,

This post is as good as any to introduce you to one of the greatest ballad singers that ever lived. His name is Bob Manning. He recorded for a major label, Capitol records and had the finest arrangements backing him. The incredible fact is that he never made it as a mainstream artist. To me, he could out sing the majority, including Sinatra. I have uploaded to my website one of his songs, “The Nearness of You” (his first release) that he did for Capitol in January, 1953. Just sit back and listen to this fine voice and above all, the lush and beautiful timeless arrangement by Monte Kelly. Why this man wasn’t an overnight sensation is beyond me. Most people have never heard of him and it gives me great pleasure for you to hear him. www.garnetrecords.com/thenearness.wma

kn7
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 03:49 AM

Hmmm! (...my website....) Is KN7, nsr007 in disguise ??
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 04:08 AM

Same attitude...
Great site from Bebop by the way...
Hiya Bill
Rog
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 06:58 AM

BeBop . thank you !!! ....
t.

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 07:38 AM

Bill and Rog -

They are one of the same and no big deal. I was gone from the forum for sometime, changed my email address, didn't remember my password and registered again. Is it really that important and newsy? Who is trying to instigate an attitude, guys? Anyway, what about Bob Manning the singer? Isn't my time and generiosity of sharing the music with you worth a little consideration?

kn7

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 03:06 PM

Sadly I'm too young to take pleasure from that style of singing...Rog (62)
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 04:52 PM

I have heard Bob Manning before and I agree that he has a superb singing style and a great voice. I cannot understand why he was not afforded the recognition he truly deserved. Maybe he didn't have the right management to promote his talent............

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 05:24 PM

Yeah, Rog - not only too young but with a tin ear. You are not that young and certainly should appreciate music from when Bob Manning was an artist. If not, you have a very narrow scope of music appreciation. Let someone like Bill instill in you what REAL music was all about. If I have an attitude, I got it from you.

kn7
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 05:43 PM

Norman, or Scott, or whatever you call yourself, I find it very interesting that you posted as both nsr007 and kn7 in the same thread at http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/004065.html . Pretty incredible the way kn7 supported nsr007 . . . When did you say that you changed your email address?

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/13/08 08:28 PM

Bob, you are showing your true colors again, being truly the old cantankerous guy with a genuine mean streak in you. I'm flattered that you have found me so interesting that you have taken precious time to do research. It just goes to show that you haven't much going on in your life. I would think that there would be more important things but apparently not. I don't know what ticked you off so. I have not said anything bad about you. Guess it is being in your nineties is the reason.

Norman, Scott, Reed (???) Gee, you have me confused! I don't know who I am. I'll have to ask you since you know more about me that I do.

This is very interesting. I was talking yesterday and again, today to a former member that told all of you a year or two ago to piss off. He said that he hasn't checked the forum in a long time. I told him that it was drying up. No one was learning anything - just a lot of cat fighting. And from your latest post, he's right.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/14/08 01:21 AM

Hmmmm......
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/003889.html

nsr007 and kn7 same person, nearly same topic, and supporting eachother......
If so, a remarkable way to behave.
Put that together with a bit arrogance, what do we have then?

My first rule are always: Be yourself and be honest, if not, things will
strike back into your face sooner or later.

GJ

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/14/08 08:22 AM

Bob Manning (June 1947) is a vocalist now living in Minnesota, United States.

Bob began singing Gospel as a child in Virginia, U.S., and followed a stage career to New York City where he worked with among others: Gladys Knight, James Brown, Bo Diddley, Dick Clark, The Coasters and later The Four Tops.

Living in Sweden from 1983 to 1998, Bob had a number of bands and worked with top-notch Swedish artists such as Ann-Christine Hedmark, Roger Pontare and Coste Apetrea; and was responsible for the first single recording of "Soul Sister" with Zemya Hamilton (Sonet Recording Studio).

From 1991 to 1998, he worked mainly with The Soul Enterprise, and toured throughout Scandinavia, appearing at venues such as Fasching, Stampen, the Stockholm Jazz & Blues Festival, the Stockholm Water Festival, etc, and opened for or shared the stage with Soul giants such as Isaac Hayes, Al Green and Wilson Pickett.

Makes him one year younger than me...

OR

Hi, I have some info someone ask about BOB MANNING, the crooner (THE NEARNESS OF YOU-1953)and many many other great songs. His brother's name was Sammy and sister's name was Ruthy, Bob was no kin the Dick Haymes, however Bob did listen to Dick H. while growing up, and yes it was uncanny that they kind of had the same sound. God gave Bob his voice as is, and had such a style and quality all his own.
He passed away in a LA hospital after a stroke in Oct 1997.
If anyone has any other questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability. I am his only child, and also one of his biggest fans. I pray Dad's God given voice will be appreciated for many, many more years.
Thanks for allowing my post, GOD BLESS,
BEVERLY MANNING OWENS

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 11-14-2008).]
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Free Background music on your computer 24 hours all venues - 11/14/08 09:24 AM

I am listening to this song as I write this. I am amazed that this man didn't become a main stream artist. He is as good as they come, and even better then many.
It is sad that he didn't have better management as he could have really been a household name instead of an unknown name.
thank you for sharing,
Bebop