SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#67657 - 11/12/08 07:17 AM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
KN7.... Thanks for your response to my post above. You are correct, I am a "dear lady".... I like to say that "I am comfortable in my skin"..... My "home base" is in S.E. NM, just north of Carlsbad. Where are you located?

Your post seemed rather "patronizing" to me.. like I am near death in my 70's. Being comfortable in my skin means, for me, I know and like who and what I am. What others think of me is not my business....
What I think of me IS my business....

It is very true that "Objectivity" is NOT possible for human beings.... We are each totally subjective.

Gunnar Johnny.... There are several who post here that seem quite "arrogant" to me as well... They also help others on this forum as much as the non-arrogant posters.

Roger... the meaning of "tilt" posted by KN7 is an adequate description in my mind as well. There are many words you folks on the other side of the pond who say some funny words to my ear. That to me is very much a part of your charm! You are certainly one of several on this forum who are great teachers for me... I thank you all for your generous sharing....

Gotta run and go play for the seniors in my local community!

ELIZABETH

where in "America" are you located?

------------------

#67658 - 11/12/08 08:17 AM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Elizabeth
All the Americans that I have met during several visits to Synthzone keyboard conventions both in Florida and California have absolutely wonderful kind and very very helpful. They are also marvellously talented keyboard musicians...golly it makes me feel like I want to come over again if it wasn't for the current financial crisis!!!
Rog

#67659 - 11/12/08 08:20 AM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
kn7 Offline

Hi, Elizabeth –

Now, that we have established your one name basis – no, “dear lady” I was not in the least patronizing you for being in your seventies. You’re wrinkles don’t need ironing, you’ve just had a nap on a chenille bedspread. Did you hear about the woman that had a facelift? There is nothing in her shoes. She wears a dog collar to hide her navel. Most on the forum are nearing or in their seventies. Bob Hendershot has to be at least in his nineties because of his cantankerous ways. Are you listening Bobby? I’ll hear about that. Back to you, Elizabeth – I am in Northern California, about 40 miles from Yosemite National Park, one of the most beautiful places in the world. I’m afraid we are drifting away from being taught anything on this forum. Personally, I am beyond teachable.

kn7

#67660 - 11/12/08 11:35 AM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
When you are as old as I am, you get to be as cantankerous as you want and then just blame it on another senior moment . . .

#67661 - 11/12/08 05:23 PM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
kn7 Offline

Bob - Oh, there you are! You came out of your coma! I stuck my finger in your mouth and no response. Having a little fun with you. Very well put.

kn7

#67662 - 11/12/08 06:15 PM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Well . . . A few of us are older than dirt. When your kids get senior discounts at restaurants you look into a mirror with an utmost awe! You can be cantankerous but you have to do it eloquently.

#67663 - 11/12/08 08:30 PM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Elizabeth, I think you are lovely too. Your post gives one a great insight into your character, just like Audrey, who has a nice way with words too. I am like you, I just like to play and have little time to fiddle with the technology, apart from the sequencer which is my severe critic.
I do not believe that, as some have said,arrogance is the right word for someone who has superior knowledge and/or ability, unless they misuse that talent to look down on those who are not so rich in the same skills.We are all rich in something whether it be sport, music, dancing, good looks (that's me) and also the world's best liar, but we should respect and learn at all times from others,which is why i use this forum.
KN7 has had a ball stirring all of the respondents and is laughing up his sleeve at the action he created.
To coin a phrase of a World Champion Boxer(Jeff Fenech) I love youse all, and have made you all Honorary Aussies,(Down Under).
PS Someone was once asked how old they were, and they replied "I am 79, I am not old until next year. See Ya !!!
The Saint

#67664 - 11/12/08 08:37 PM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
kn7 Offline

Hi, Bob –

Nice to see your postings. I’m glad you have a sense of humor. I meant no harm. You may find this story funny. In my community, there are about six stores that offer a discount to Seniors on Tuesdays. A couple of stores offer this discount throughout the week. This took place a couple of months ago. I was in line at a grocery store and it was a Tuesday and there was a very friendly elderly lady in front of me, talking a mile a minute to anyone and everyone in line, including me. Let me just say that she was quite a personality. As we got closer to the cashier, I told her, “Don’t forget your discount.” She got all excited and said, “Discount! What discount? What do you mean by a discount? Why do I get a discount?” I looked dryly at her and said, “Because you are OLD!” Everyone in line burst out laughing. Her husband was over to the side, waiting for her and heard me and bent over laughing at what I said. She laughed and as she laughed, she smacked me on the shoulder for saying it. The cashier was laughing to the point of having trouble scanning the woman’s groceries.

kn7

#67665 - 11/12/08 09:11 PM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
kn7 Offline

Hi, everyone -

I just posted to Bebop's free music post. Please view what I said. I gave a link to my website for listening to one of the finest singers that ever lived. My post will tell you all about it. Enjoy.

kn7

#67666 - 11/12/08 10:55 PM Re: Synth Zone/DEAD ZONE
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Hey Bob Hendershot....Now here is a fine fellow American who has been a HUGE help to me!

Early this year I purchased a used Music Pad Pro.... Bob spent hours & days walking me through very defined instructions on how to work with my new toy... I have a stack of paper of all the emails we shared filled with his instructions and my questions...

The first week of May I traveled to the N.W corner of Arkansas and knowing that Bob was in TN, I tried to talk him into coming to visit me... He declined.

I did not get back to my New Mexico Home Base until the end of September and tho I hate to admit it, I have not done any more work with the MPP than to play from Bob's music that he generously shared with me... I have yet to install my own music sheets into the MPP!

Let me tell you what I am sure many of you already know.... Retirement is the busiest part of life! Finally when we get to do what we want to do whenever we choose.... there are just too few hours in each day!

I will have more to say in the morning...all you Brits are asleep now and probably most of the Americans except for the folks in CA....

ELIZABETH....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online