SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67312 - 07/05/08 04:04 AM Vista
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I have a friend who is having problems communicating between their KN7000 and PC via USB, with Vista as the operating system.

I don't have access to any PCs with Vista and wonder if anyone has had success communicating via USB.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67313 - 07/05/08 04:17 AM Re: Vista
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I have a friend who is having problems communicating between their KN7000 and PC via USB, with Vista as the operating system.

I don't have access to any PCs with Vista and wonder if anyone has had success communicating via USB.

I have a laptop that has Vista Home Premium,and I was able to play mp3 music via
a USB port with cable connected to the KN7000, if that's any help. Derek

#67314 - 07/05/08 01:59 PM Re: Vista
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Technics left the market long before Vista, so no drivers were ever developed for it.
The only thing you can try is to load it using compatibility mode, and hope for the best.
The only other option is to have a dual boot system, and use XP when you wish to use your Technics.
Hope this helps

Bill

#67315 - 07/06/08 03:22 AM Re: Vista
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks for your comments

Apparently, my friend can use the Panasonic Recorder program OK but has a problem with Song Manager. This would suggest that the USB drivers are compatible with Vista. Also, Derek's reply would tend to confirm this. So maybe the problem lies within the Song Manager program..........

Has anyone managed to use Song Manager with Vista?

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67316 - 08/26/08 10:12 AM Re: Vista
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
No, I run Vista Ultimate from work and SD-Explorer works fine, but w.r.t. SongManager I have no experience.

#67317 - 08/26/08 02:45 PM Re: Vista
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Bill,

I seem to remember when Vista was first released, Joan Banfield reported on this site that it worked with the KN7 but I can't remember exactly what she said. Maybe if you contact her, she'll fill you in on the details.

Audrey

#67318 - 08/27/08 11:39 AM Re: Vista
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Audrey = NOT ME - I don't have VISTA!!!!

Joan

#67319 - 08/27/08 11:20 PM Re: Vista
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Sorry Joan, guess it's another 'senior moment'

However, I do recall someone mentioning it but again, it could have been with a laptop. I guess Bill will soon receive the answer to his question from this great Forum.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online