SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67271 - 06/27/08 11:18 AM SERIOUS PROBLEM IN PUNCH RECORD
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
All of a sudden I am having a problem with top volume sound when I go into Punch Record for Sequencer work. Playing the song normally and not in Punch Record, the volume is normal at what I have set. This started last night. The only thing I did was go into Step Record and change three notes using the button to do it. To make it clear, I didn’t play the notes. I just changed the notes with the button. As soon as I played back the song in Punch Record, the volume was ear splitting. I went out of Punch Record and played it through the keyboard in the normal fashion and the sound was down to where it should be. I thought it was merely a glitch and would be gone when I turned on the keyboard again. I finished what I was doing turned the keyboard off and today, I went into Punch Record and the same thing is happening – the volume is full blast. Has anyone else experienced this? This is the first time I have had this problem. I don’t know what I could have done wrong other than the unusual changing of the notes instead of actually playing them. They were played correctly but I wanted them in a different position so I changed them with the button.

One other thing: I also dropped the volume of the APC/SEQUENCER VOLUME because the song was too loud for the vocal. I have the vocal set to the highest position but still the arrangement was too loud with the APC/SEQUENCER VOLUME set to the highest point. Do you think that could be a problem? I hate to Initialize the keyboard because this requires loading all my files back into it. I do hope there is a simple solution.

#67272 - 06/27/08 11:38 AM Re: SERIOUS PROBLEM IN PUNCH RECORD
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I think I have figured it out!!! Apparently, the APC/SEQUENCER VOLUME is bypassed in Punch Record. It only applies to sequencer playback. I pushed the APC/SEQUENCER VOLUME back to full volume and it seems to be OK. Of course, I had to lower the MAIN VOLUME because of the difference.

#67273 - 06/28/08 05:20 AM Re: SERIOUS PROBLEM IN PUNCH RECORD
technicsplayer Offline

the apc/sequencer control has the specific purpose of lowering a too loud accompaniment in manual play quickly (without having to hold 8 down buttons) but in sequencer playback affects all the parts; - if the volume is changed by e.g. programmed sequencer playback then the actual volume will be different to the apc/sequencer position and then the green led will go out to give warning of this

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online