SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67268 - 06/26/08 11:05 AM SD card reader help!
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello friends of the KN 7000! Several days ago, I loaded the ocntents of an SD card into my keyboard. All went well and I was able to open each individual file without any problem. Yesterday, I inserted a new and totally different SD card into the built-in reader. However, the contents of that card came up as exactly the same as the one I put in the other day. The same happened with every other SD card I inserted--always the older file list! I don't know why the old files keep appearing and why the KN SD reader doesn't read the contents of the newly inserted cards. HELP!! Any ideas as to why this is happening or how I can remedy the problem?

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ted Rose

#67269 - 06/26/08 04:27 PM Re: SD card reader help!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Ted,

Have you tried initialising your keyboard and then loading another SD Card.

If that doesn't work, switch off your keyboard and then whilst pressing the three lower left buttons in the RHYTHM GROUP section
(60's &70s/ Modern Dance/Soul & R&B) - all at the same time, turn the power on again.
This should reset all the PERFORMANCE items.
I have found I've had to do this sometimes when some of my cards have included other peoples' 'Sequencer sets'.

Is the original card 'locked'? I had a problem with this once, but unlocking soon got it working again.

There are other possible causes such as the card being too large (the keyboard doesn't like anything above 1GB) and some makes just aren't compatible with the keyboard.

I've even had a faulty Panasonic SD Card which was quickly replaced by the dealer and thankfully,the replacement has not been a problem at all, so it could possibly be a faulty SD card.

Over the years I've found 'SANDISK' to be the most reliable card, closely followed by 'Kingston'

Just some of my thoughts. I'll be interested to know what the answer is, so please keep us posted.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 06-26-2008).]

#67270 - 06/27/08 08:50 PM Re: SD card reader help!
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Thank you Audrey! I have not had a chance to try these suggestions yet, but I wanted to express to you my sincere appreciation for your prompt response. (Yours, by the way, was the only response I received! So, I am hoping they will work.) I do have one perhaps naive question, however, about what you suggested, and that is, in your statement "...whilst pressing the three lower left buttons in the RHYTHM GROUP section (60's &70s/ Modern Dance/Soul & R&B) - all at the same time, turn the power on again. This should reset all the PERFORMANCE items...", what exactly are the "PERFORMANCE" items you refer to??

Again, many thanks for your interest and assistance. You always seem to have answers to so many questions that we "dummies" ask here in the SZ!!

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 06-27-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online