SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#67161 - 06/14/08 08:53 AM Re: prolongued blockcord-playing KN7000
fredyfr Offline

Loc: altea, spain
Shall we thus forget the whole thing as the book states there is some warmth caused by the built-in power source but nothing to worry about???
Nevertheless, it would have been interesting to know if yes or no there is a fan in the KN7000.
Anyhow, the origin of this thread was the question "is prolongued blockchord playing harmful to the board" and the answer seems to be clearly NO.

------------------

#67162 - 06/15/08 03:43 AM Re: prolongued blockcord-playing KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Freddy,
I can see no reason why adding any of the Technichord options, will make the KN7000 generate significantly more heat.

However, playing the keyboard continuously at maximum volume, could contribute to greater heat output from the power supply components and the power amplifier modules, which drive the internal speakers. The extra power required to produce the increased current drive to the speakers, has got to come from somewhere. That 'somewhere' is the power supply and increased current demand on any power supply, normally generates more heat........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67163 - 06/27/08 11:11 AM Re: prolongued blockcord-playing KN7000
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Folks, having checked my service manual there is no reference to a cooling fan, the Fan Bags listed appear to be the owners pack bags,why Panasonic call them this is best known to them.
Regards John.

#67164 - 06/28/08 11:45 AM Re: prolongued blockcord-playing KN7000
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Like I said earlier, Rick mentioned to me that it was a little warm, but it likely would not cause a problem. That was more than a year ago, and it probably always got warm, but I never noticed.

Bernie

I couldn't give a monkeys whether there's a fan or not so long as my KN7k keeps nice and real cool!! Which so far it has. Derek

#67165 - 06/29/08 12:19 AM Re: prolongued blockcord-playing KN7000
fredyfr Offline

Loc: altea, spain
Hello Derek,
Just to say that I love your expression "give a monkeys'". I hadn't heared that for ages.
As to the warmth or even heath I still get it and sometimes plenty. Let's just hope it
will do that for a very long time still to
come and if possible, without any harm to
the board.
Regards
Fredy, alias peeanoplayer

------------------

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online