SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67028 - 05/15/08 11:49 AM SD Explorer Tool
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - has anyone purchased the SD Explorer Tool recently. I wondered how much it is now - Joan

#67029 - 05/15/08 04:37 PM Re: SD Explorer Tool
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Joan,

Just recently Fred posted a message on this site stating that the KN SD Explorer Tool is still available from him, so if you have his email address, you could ask him direct.

I was thinking about you on Tuesday as I was playing a number from the OMT Singalongs and used one of the settings you sent me which I thought was better than mine, thanks for that.

Keep in touch - Audrey

#67030 - 05/19/08 02:16 PM Re: SD Explorer Tool
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello people,

Indeed the SDExplorer tool is still available and it works perfectly on Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional and all Vista versions. The tool can be used for KN7000 and KN2600 SD cards to handle Technics songs as single files.

On my site you find all details:
www.vision-4-life.nl/SDExplorer.htm

Nice detail: I lowered the price with 12%

#67031 - 05/20/08 02:54 PM Re: SD Explorer Tool
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello all,

To not disappoint you: on Thurday 22 May my wife and I are having 3 weeks "anti-burnout" vacation So until 15-June the SD-Explorer shop is closed. Until tomorrow night, so the coming 20 hours I can serve you.

#67032 - 05/27/08 02:01 AM Re: SD Explorer Tool
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
I have heard about the SD explorer so downloaded program inserted my SD Card and instantly was able to view all 1-38 folders containing the built-in styles from previous KN keyboards then decided to rename some of these KN folders to Dance, Pop, etc so that I could Drag & Drop to place the varing styles to the appropriate named folders. It then asked if I wanted to save.
Everything appeared to be OK until I inserted the SD Card back into the keyboard thatīs when I noticed the Style names had been replaced with numbers 0127KN7,0127KN7,036KN7,etc, etc and the folder names were now blank but styles were still remained but this time in number format. I did not rename the styles at all only the folders where I was going to place them. Maybe some else had this problem if so how did you resolve or did you start again from scratch Ugh!!!

#67033 - 05/27/08 03:56 AM Re: SD Explorer Tool
technicsplayer Offline

your symptoms mean the file(s) that contain all the long screen names (KN7000MN.INF and KN7000MN.BAK if on a later firmware) have not been saved properly and thus the underlying filenames are being shown in screen.

First backup the card to avoid losing any contents (just copy the whole thing to a folder on the pc).

Try the tool again, write in some folder names and file names, make sure to save, and make sure to safely remove via taskbar icon, it should work ok.

#67034 - 05/27/08 04:02 AM Re: SD Explorer Tool
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Very unfortunate However, a salutary lesson - ALWAYS back up the precious data on your SD Card, before attempting any 'manipulation'

I've used the KN Explorer for a long time now, to move/organise files on my cards and have never experienced any problems. I don't understand you comment "It then asked if I wanted to save." When I've used the program to manipulate SD Card content, the process of Drag/Drop or Copy/Paste is sufficient to complete the processes and I don't recall ever being asked to save.
The only 'Save' operation I am aware of in the program, is the option in the drop-down menus, associated with the 'File' option in the top menu. This facility produces a RTF file which contains a very useful printable list of the card content.

Looks like we were both typing at the same time

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 05-27-2008).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67035 - 05/27/08 05:38 AM Re: SD Explorer Tool
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Thanks folks for your suggestions I will try again I did make a Back-up Copy first of all those styles am always making back-ups
Cheers

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online