SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67078 - 05/23/08 11:58 AM Song recovery
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, friends and colleagues,

Recently I recorded a sequenced song on my 7000 and then proceeded to transfer it via the audio jukebox to my computer in an mp3 form. Unfortunately, I then forgot to SAVE it in the keyboard itself before shutting it off! (Senility???) Anyway, I assume that this question is futile, but I am asking the experts anyway: Is there any way to transfer that song BACK from the computer to the keyboard so that it can again be played without going through the computer but through the 7000 speakers? Thanks for any information, positive or negative.

Ted

#67079 - 05/24/08 12:45 AM Re: Song recovery
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Ted
If I understand you correctly you have converted a piece of your sequenced playing to MP3 format (you don't say how) and then used SD Jukebox software to transfer it to your computer.
SD Jukebox exists to convert MP3s etc into another type of format which means that they can be played from an SD Card in your KN7000 using the buttons embedded in the silver area where you insert the SD Card.
Is this new territory for you, Ted?
Rog

#67080 - 05/24/08 11:21 AM Re: Song recovery
Ted Rose Offline

Dear Rog,

Thanks for your response. Indeed it was senilty that fueled my last message because it was NOT the "audio jukebox" or SD Jukebox that I used to record my song, but, of course, the audio recorder for the KN! Other than that, the question information is accurate, so you can now read my message again and just substitute the correct wording. Don't know if this makes any difference in any solution but it certainly makes more sense of what I did. (Who said the brain stays strong in old age? Mine seems to be weakening daily!!!!). Thanks again.

TED

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 05-24-2008).]

#67081 - 05/25/08 01:50 AM Re: Song recovery
RMepstead Offline

Hi again Ted
Yup - makes all the difference...chuckle...
OK - now that you've got an MP3 somewhere on your computer, it can be converted to an audio file using SD Jukebox software on your computer which will then transfer successfully to an SD Card and you'll be able to play it in your KN7000 using the buttons in the silver area where you insert your SD Card.
Ted - next question - do you have SD Jukebox software on your computer and do you know how to use it?
Rog

#67082 - 05/26/08 04:56 AM Re: Song recovery
Ted Rose Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hi again Ted
Yup - makes all the difference...chuckle...
OK - now that you've got an MP3 somewhere on your computer, it can be converted to an audio file using SD Jukebox software on your computer which will then transfer successfully to an SD Card and you'll be able to play it in your KN7000 using the buttons in the silver area where you insert your SD Card.
Ted - next question - do you have SD Jukebox software on your computer and do you know how to use it?
Rog

Hello again, Rog!

Hmmm, we are going to have to stop meeting like this! Anyway, in answer to your last question, I have searched my computer for the SD Jukebox program and I keep coming up with "Rhapsody", which apparently must do the same or similar things. I know that somewhere in the bowels of my computer I must have used the Jukebox program or I would never have even known the name of it! So, perhaps that just complicates this matter even more.

Please don't spend a lot of time trying to alleviate my stupidity, Rog. (Surely you must have more important things to pursue.) But...I DO appreciate your help. So, my hearty thanks again. If I really had any talent at all, I suppose I could just re-record the song and try to duplicate what I did initially! But we ear-players, I think--(at least in my case)--never hear the same song in the same way again, nor do I play them the same unless memorized that way. Happy Memorial Day Monday in the USA.

Are you now totally bored???? Hehehe.

Ted

#67083 - 05/26/08 06:23 AM Re: Song recovery
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Hi there Ted

Roger is up to his old tricks again, he is on the radio playing a tribute to Karen Carpenter. You can catch up with him on http://www.communityradioswindon.com/
Click on 'Listen Live'

Midge

#67084 - 05/26/08 09:14 AM Re: Song recovery
RMepstead Offline

I think you are right Ted - it's 'play it again Sam' time...
I've just got back from today's radio broadcast which for the eastern side of the USA would be 'streaming' through from 9.00am to 10.am (New York time) I have discovered that Karen Carpenter was born and brought up in Connecticut which is definitely on the eastern seaboard...
If you've got SD Jukebox on your PC then you should have an icon on your desktop for it. Don't you dare ask me what a desktop is, Ted...
Rog

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online