SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66860 - 03/28/08 08:55 AM To play or not to play
santa1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl usa
Wow! What a response to "live play". To instruct anyone on how the seqence as I do, would certainly fill many written pages or take several hours of personal instruction. The owner's manual and "Getting the most from the KN7000" are a good start. Explore the keyboard. Easy record is a good first step, but there is so much to utilize in full multi track sequencing, panel memories, sound edit, composer section and on and on. Just sequencing chords and using the control track in the sequencer allows for much of the basic work. Because I play for a vary diverse audiance (ages and muscial tastes) I have had to listen to original recordings and attempt to reproduce what I hear. No small task. It is possible to take MIDI songs and tweat them to your own tastes. I have done that also. But I prefer to create my own arrangements. It takes hours of work, sometimes days, but oh how rewarding. I am not then limited to the number of times for each chorus. I can create medleys of songs. I have been sequencing for years now on older models and look forward to working with my KN7000, beacuse it will do so much more than previous models as far as sequencing, etc., not to mention so many other features yet to explore. I should put some of my work on the internet for all to hear,(I need some help there) but bear in mind that they have been done on the KN800,1000 and 2000 keyboards so far. I have well over 800 songs which I have recorded to MP3 format. Over 600 on my regular playlist, plus Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Special occasions, etc. The keyboards are such fine instruments for all level of players. My best advice to any player is explore the entire keyboard, you can foul it up. You can always initialize. Remember to always save your work to disk, etc.

#66861 - 03/28/08 01:18 PM Re: To play or not to play
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Santa1,
It seemed to enjoy sequencing and that’s great, it’s one of the enjoyable features of the Technics keyboards.
When you tweak a midi file that you have downloaded and make it a TECHNICS STYLE creation you can then treat the song like any other song that you have recorded on your keyboard. Extend the song, add drum fills, ect. There are posts on this subject a while back.

Keep enjoying, and I would like to hear your work, John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online