SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#66797 - 03/23/08 08:12 PM Re: Midi files and Live playing
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi,
As a young man I used to sit in doors and pick out tunes on the piano.
One evening in a public house with my mates, they got me to play the piano.
The manager heard me playing and offered me money to play at week ends in his public house, to entertain the clientele. I said yes.
Over the years people began to ask me to play at there parties, weddings, socials events, for money I said yes. I bought a Farfisa keyboard organ, and Rhythm Ace, with amplifier. People still kept asking me to play at their events over the years for money, quiet often three times a week.
Most of my bookings were requested when I was playing at an event, or phone calls from people who had already heard me play.

The point I am trying to make is, I am self taught when it comes to music, i.e. chords with the left hand and melody with the right, always to my likening.
I don’t think I’m all that great, when I listen to other people play.
I don’t know from a technical point of view how good a musician I am, and I am not really bothered, because I play my instrument for my own amusement. Now if I am asked to play my keyboard and offered money to do so, I don’t see any reason to do any thing more, than what I was doing when the person who booked me heard me playing in the first place.

I now play a Technics KN7000 and personally, I think I sound 100% better than I ever have, and though I still get asked to play at functions ( at 75 yr) my giging days are over, accept for my friends at sheltered housing

I suppose it comes down to playing, what the person who booked you, heard when you were playing in the first place.
Just my humble opinion.
Fred Wren

#66798 - 03/24/08 09:28 AM Re: Midi files and Live playing
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Now if I am asked to play my keyboard and offered money to do so, I don’t see any reason to do any thing more, than what I was doing when the person who booked me heard me playing in the first place.

I now play a Technics KN7000 and personally, I think I sound 100% better than I ever have, and though I still get asked to play at functions ( at 75 yr) my giging days are over, accept for my friends at sheltered housing

Fred,
I read your reply and the only thing I have to say -- BRAVO at 75 you are still enjoy playing, not many have been blessed so. A gift was given to you.

John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online