SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66246 - 01/01/08 10:05 AM Save A Sound
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm experimenting in saving sounds

Example:

There are a few right hand sounds in Larry Gosmeyer's songs, in Technics format, that I would like, if possible, to save in my keyboard.

What would be the best way to extract, say one of his custom sax voices, from his sequence, to my custom sounds, and will it save exactly as in his original setup?

He uses many different right hand voices, which makes it difficult to track down a particular sound.

I never tried to save a custom voice from a song, so I need beginner instructions
I don't know if it can even be done.

Thanks
Hope Everyone Has A Happy '08

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#66247 - 01/01/08 10:34 AM Re: Save A Sound
technicsplayer Offline

custom voice implies a sound already in sound memory? If that is the case either the entire sound memory can be saved and added to other composer/panel memory etc setups, or a single sound memory written into another sound memory in another setup file.

To save the entire sound memory, Save, Technics, Page 2, press All Off, press Sound YES, name file and press Save. Now this sound memory can be loaded on top of an existing setup just replacing the sound memory, but not affecting composer, panel memory, anything else etc.

To load a single sound memory into a new file or existing setup FIRST load the existing setup. Now go to the new file with the new sound (which must be in 7k format), Load, go to Page 3, press Mode until Sound Memory appears at the top, confirm the right lower button says Single, on the left From select the memory number of the new edited sound, on the right To select the sound memory number you want the sound to appear, press Load. The new single sound memory is now in the existing setup without affecting the other 39 sound memories or composer/panel etc etc, just save the setup normally with the new sound.

#66248 - 01/01/08 10:40 AM Re: Save A Sound
technicsplayer Offline

ps
if the sound edit uses a sample on one of the EW cards, and you don't have that card installed it won't sound the same

#66249 - 01/02/08 02:21 PM Re: Save A Sound
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Alec, great instuctions...I'll give it a go.

So if everything works as planned, I can use that sound from custom sounds with any setup, and it will sound just like the original?

Larry

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 01-02-2008).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#66250 - 01/03/08 03:56 AM Re: Save A Sound
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome
Yes, if by custom sound you mean a sound in sound memory it's all possible.

Used sound memories/edits also get saved in the custom memory of 20 styles, and these can also be extracted and exchanged etc if need be.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online