SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66194 - 12/23/07 07:23 PM Lost Custom Rhythms
Mike Aviv Offline

Hello Friends,
Help, I have lost or ovrwritten 20 of the most beutiful ballad rhythms, they have resided in the Custom Rhythm Group, they were there since i've got he keyboard brand new, not sure if they came all ready loaded, or somewhere along the line I have installed them. I have neglected to copy them to SD, or floppy. The only style name out of 20 I recall is the "SockHop Ballad". I would be very grateful to be able to get them back.
I like to wish all of you Marry Cristmas and
a Happy New Year.
Mike

#66195 - 12/23/07 10:33 PM Re: Lost Custom Rhythms
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Mike
What keyboard are you referring to?
Keith

#66196 - 12/24/07 04:30 AM Re: Lost Custom Rhythms
Mike Aviv Offline

Hi Keith,
It is the KN7000, but some of the styles may have been originally from KN3000. In addition when I load a song sequence made with one of the lost ballads, it plays with the rhythm of the present custom style.

Mike

#66197 - 12/24/07 04:38 PM Re: Lost Custom Rhythms
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Mike,

Firstly let me say I sympathise with your predicament. "I've been there and done that" as the saying goes and it really makes you want to scream doesn't it?

Well now, let's try and think of a solution.
You mention having installed a sequence which originally used one of the lost ballads and that is where I would start.

1) Having loaded the said sequence, I would then Press the CUSTOM button which should bring up two pages numbered 1-20 showing the CUSTOM SETTINGS currently stored there. You may find it in there but if it isn't -

2) Press the MEMORY button next to it to see whether it is in the Panel Memory A, B or C if not -

3) Press the yellow MUSIC STYLIST button and trawl through the 20 sections listed there. (with the exception of the bottom one called Custom Stylist) Your ballad could be one of those named within any one of these. If not:-

4) Scroll down to Custom Stylist, (bottom left of screen) press this button and wait for it to load Here you will find 20 preset setups with 4 variations to each. It is possible your ballads are among those listed.

5) Finally, I would load every single floppy, SD Card that I own in the hope that one of the settings will be part of the full sets and thus will restore the lot in one go. If you should be lucky, need I remind you to instantly save to SD Card and then immediately back it up on your PC.

Failing all of this, I have a full list of everthing I own/owned going back to the KN650 and would be happy to look through and try and trace these ballads for you but of course, it will have to wait until the New Year now as I am otherwise committed.

Good luck!

Audrey

#66198 - 12/24/07 07:42 PM Re: Lost Custom Rhythms
Mike Aviv Offline

Hi All,
Iam happy to inform you that I did exectly as Audrey has suggested, and gone through every disc and SD card I've got. I have found the ballads in the Americana series SD card under Ballads, it is a custom set of 20 very profesionalLy arranged ballads for the KN7. Now when I load the sequence it automatically finds the right style, I would think that a saved sequence would load with the right rhythm, regardless from which custom style it has originated.
Thanks again to all of you, the KN family, for the help and support.

Mike

#66199 - 12/26/07 03:49 AM Re: Lost Custom Rhythms
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Quote "..... I would think that a saved sequence would load with the right rhythm, regardless from which custom style it has originated." Partly True! but only if you choose to save the CUSTOM Memory option on Page 2 of the 'Save' screen!
This also applies to rhythms used in the COMPOSER memory and in this case, you must include the 'COMPOSER' option on page 2 of the 'Save' screen, when saving to disk or SD Card.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#66200 - 01/05/08 05:35 PM Re: Lost Custom Rhythms
Mike Aviv Offline

Hello Bill,
Sorry it took a while to respond, holidays and my daughters wedding. Your response to save Custom memory option on page 2,is a very valueble lesson, that I will need to applay to each sequence that will be created from custom rhythms.

Thanks again
Mike

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online