SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65936 - 09/15/03 08:11 PM Keyboard to TV Cord
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hello All,

Would anyone know where I can purchace a cord that connects the 7000 to a TV to view slideshows created on the keyboard?

I assume this cord is different for different Countries?

Does it transmit only pictures from the 7000, or does it transmit the sound also?

I was wondering if anyone tried this feature,where did you utilize it, and generally and how do you like it?

I was thinking of using it at a Senior Citizen Center, that I play at on occasion. I thought it would be a nice touch, to be able to display photos on a large screen monitor.

Thank You, My Friendly Members

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#65937 - 09/15/03 08:44 PM Re: Keyboard to TV Cord
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I was thinking of using it at a Senior Citizen Center, that I play at on occasion. I thought it would be a nice touch, to be able to display photos on a large screen monitor.

Hi Lahawk,
I have been thinking of the same idea, puting pictures and lyrics up on a screen will you're playing. What a special touch. I thought of taking pictures of the place I will be playing, and show them with my music during the evening. Wow, that sounds good.

It's my guess that the keyboard will send pictures and the sound of your keyboard---Why not?

Keep the music going, John C.

#65938 - 09/15/03 11:29 PM Re: Keyboard to TV Cord
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Larry,

Video out on the KN7000 is via a female RCA type connector. You need to connect to a video input connector on your TV which probably has the same type of connector. Thus you need a Male RCA to Male RCA type cable. These are best kept reasonably short (6 to 8 feet). Longer cables can be used (I have used up to 30 feet) but some degradation of picture quality may be observed. Suitable cables are available from suppliers such as Radio Shack. Audio will need to be connected separately from the main out terminals on the KN7000 to the audio input on the TV. Main out audio terminals on the KN are 1/4" phone jack. Audio input terminals on the TV again are probably female RCA type. For mono TV you would require a 1/4" phone plug to RCA male type cable connected from the R/mono main output on the KN to the audio input on the TV. For stereo TV you will require 2 such cables connected from left and right main outputs on the KN to left and right audio inputs on the TV. Again suitable cables should be available from Radio Shack or similar. European type sets often use a Scart type connector for audio and video inputs. These require a different cable. Hope this is of some use.

Cheers
Len C.

PS Due to low resolution used on the KN picture quality is not overly impressive on a large screen and does not cover the full screen area.

[This message has been edited by manorcourt1991 (edited 09-15-2003).]

#65939 - 09/16/03 02:55 PM Re: Keyboard to TV Cord
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thank You very much for the detailed info.
This Forum is GREAT !

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online