SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65745 - 01/07/04 04:53 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
I thank everyone for their suggestions.

I had done every thing everyone said to try except for two and that at least gives me something to work with.

I had not tried using different USB ports. Since my Notebook has four I'll try that.(Thanks Sapphire)

And while I manually installed the USB port I did not check the Audio Devices in the System setting. I'll try that one also.
Since the PR54 and the KN2600 are very close to the same instrument that could very well be the problem. (Thanks Aprilla)

I doubt I'll get to test this before next weekend so if there are other suggection let me know and I'll be able to try them all at once.

Thanks All Again

Heather

#65746 - 01/07/04 06:27 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
All of these problems with programs today is the result of putting stuff on the market without properly testing it and letting buyers go nuts trying to make it work.
To me, it's not worth the hassle to have a program you paid good money for and cannot use it without going to a forum and finding out that everyone has the same problems with the software.
For what this program doe's, forget it !!!!
Lloyd

#65747 - 01/08/04 08:37 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
shcox Offline

Hi Lloyd,

I understand your frustration as a consumer. Obviously I'm frustrated too.

But as a programmer, I also understand the problems with trying to write software that supports 3 or 4 versions of an opperating system. Especially when it has to support both 16 bit (Windows 98/ME) and 32 bit (Window 2000/XP) all at the same time. Microsoft does not make that as easy of a task as you might think.

But there it no excuse for not testing, documenting and offering a fix for these kinds of problems. So far I've seen nothing from Technic specific to this problem for the PR54 (only for the KN7000) and certainly not patches or fixes for it.

If I had been buying an instrument based just on this feature, from what I've experienced it wouldn't be a Technics product because once they put it out there seems to be very little direct support.

I can not find a "Technics" website that is geared toward all their instruments (other than sales) that offers help, patches, downloads and direct technical support.

Even their new "www.technicsprpiano.com" site does not mention the PR54 in their Sales Lit. And when you click on Software it takes you to the KN7000 site.

Thus the need for the Synth Zone! Thank God for it.

Take Care,
Heather

#65748 - 01/08/04 04:19 PM Re: Song Manager Frustration
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
Heather, I found my installation instructions quite straightforward to understand considering they do have to cover all and any setups and people. Let me know if your install manual doesn't cover this part and I'll email mine to you. I'm quite chuffed to have been useful

So far I've found the manual pretty good, and I've seen some awfully bad manuals. Most of the questions I have that aren't answered well (for me), if at all, relate more to computer aspect than to actual keyboard stuff, and I guess this is fair enough considering.... I reckon I'd be heading for SynthZone as my 'main' manual even if the Technics one was 110%.... cause it'll always be the best, be more fun, answer questions both asked and never even thought of....

Technics Web sites are totally useless though, better if they had none I think.

#65749 - 01/09/04 04:54 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
shcox Offline

Hi aprilla,

The installation in the manual is straight forward except that the installation doesn't work correctly on XP even though the disk is supposed to be for XP.

Alec sent me some trouble shooting instructions for the Song Manager (KN7000) and XP which I did and that didn't help.

I don't know at what level you are with the your keyboard but the I find the manual very good for learning basic functions. But the more advanced features are only touched on. In many cases it only tell me the obvious. If the manuals were comprehensive there would have been no need for Alec to write additional manuals.

As for the web sites, what is there is great if you own a KN7000 and the converted styles that Alec just did are priceless but where is the support for all their other instruments.

The KN7000 is not only not the only instrument they make but is is not the highest priced one either.

Best Wishes
Heather

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online