SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65680 - 03/21/02 03:36 AM KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I have just spoken by phone with Chris Whitehead at Panasonic headquarters here in the U.K. I explained that many of us have comments/concerns about the new KN7000. He wants your feedback. Send your comments to:

technics.helpline@panasonic.co.uk

Chris made a special point of saying you must write "KN7000" as the subject of your e-mail if you want your comments to get to the right people since all e-mail is sorted by subject.

My thanks to Graham Tilney at Technote for his kind assistance.

Chuck Piper

#65681 - 03/21/02 06:20 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
To be honest, I don't think they bother to listen at all.
This because the inputs from the Frankfurth show is already
noticed, and most all work is already done.
If they would have any input, they would have asked for it
long time ago, or at least opened for suggestions in forums
where the users are to find.
But as always, I might be wrong.......
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#65682 - 03/21/02 07:09 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
Thank you Chuck for the email adress.

They may indeed not bother to listen at all. Most of the development must have been done by now, if they want to sell these things in the autumn. But now I am able to make myself heard, and I can try to give input for some adjustments.
At least I have the idea that I can have some influence, that's worth something

If I was a developer from technics I would really listen to all these free market research, and do something with it. But I quess the past has leart some of you guys something else about developers from technics. I hope they will change this behaviour quickly, and maybe start a site somewhere where we can give our comments, and give some valuable ideas. Were we can interact with the developers of technics. It's all about Digital Networking

#65683 - 03/21/02 09:48 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail

Maybe we should send them some links to Technics related
forums and sites, you'll never know, they might happen to
pick up a hint or two
GJ

#65684 - 03/21/02 09:50 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Hi all'
Perhaps it is not all technics fault that they do not respond to the dedicated technics
player, as long as we all appear so eager to buy the next release and post comments like "can't wait for the new release from technics"on forums and in chat rooms. technics can do free research just by browsing these forums etc .If we were not so eager to buy something we had never seen or heard they would then have to sell the product to us and offer us little titbits to promote the release just to gain sufficient interest. At the moment we promote the machine for them then they sell us something a bit updated at a very high price.

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 03-21-2002).]

#65685 - 03/21/02 10:38 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Gunnar, Dutch Player, and Kozykeys,

Each of you offer some valid points. I would like to suggest that even if the KN7000 is essentially a finished product, it is still important to voice your opinion to Technics regarding their keyboards. I think it is entirely possible your concerns/suggestions will have an impact on the design of future keyboards, if not now on the KN7000. I made it clear in my e-mail that if the KN7000 does not have a switchable multi-voltage power supply, I will not buy one no matter what else is designed into it. At least Technics knows they have lost a potential customer for their new keyboard. That kind of pressure has to have an effect on their decision making now and in the future. Without customers, Technics is out of business!

Chuck

#65686 - 03/21/02 10:58 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail

Well, I could easily sendt a mail to Technics / Panasonic,
but it is not the customers who should be the part to take
the iniative, it's the ones who have something to sell.
I've several times on several forums mentioned about this
issue, and have they ever peeked in and said that they're
listening? Not as far as I've seen, but someone mentioned
in a reply that he think they know about us, and reads the
posts.
Yeah, maybe we have been far to faithful and stayed to the
brand, but the developement goes fast these days, and you'll
never know when other manufacturers have done the right thing
to make someone change theyr mind....
GJ

#65687 - 03/21/02 02:38 PM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
hi again all,
supposing I send an email saying that if the 7000 does'nt have a hard drive built in I will not buy one , and if gunner say's if it doesn't have a zip drive built in he willnot buy one. Which customer will they want to keep.
As I see it, technics job is to design the keyboard with as much new technology,good sounds and speakers, good rhythms, easy computer compatability,and as much storage they can for a reasonable price.
jan

#65688 - 03/21/02 11:38 PM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
Anonymous
Unregistered

i DON'T KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE RUN YOUR OWN BUSINESS BUT IF DO THEN YOU SOON LEARN THAT YOU CAN'T SELL WHAT YOU PERSONALLY WANT TO SELL THEM, YOU CAN ONLY SELL THEM WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS TO BUY AND THAT APPLIES WHATEVER YOUR PRODUCT IS, TECHNICS INCLUDED.
IN THE CASE OF TECHNICS HOWEVER THEY HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO PRODUCE AN INSTRUMENT WITH EVERTHING ON IT THAT ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY WANT. WHY THEY DON'T DO THAT IS BECAUSE TWO YEARS DOWN THE LINE THEY WANT SELL YOU ANOTHER K/Bd. WHATEVER BRAND OF THE K/B,AND WHATEVER JOB THEY DO FOR YOU THEY ARE NOW SO
GOOD THAT YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASKING YOURSELVES IS THE INVESTMENT WORTH IT, BECAUSE IN GENERAL THE PEOPLE YOU PLAY TO CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENT ANYWAY, IT'S ONLY US K/B NUTS THAT THINK THEY CAN. HAVING THE KN7000 WON'T MAKE US BETTER PLAYERS THAN WE ARE ON THE KN6000/6500. YOU THE CUSTOMER HAVE A WONDERFUL CHOICE OF OPTIONS, SO USE THAT POWER WISELY AND TECHNICS WILL LISTEN THEN.
Quote:
Originally posted by kozykeys:
hi again all,
supposing I send an email saying that if the 7000 does'nt have a hard drive built in I will not buy one , and if gunner say's if it doesn't have a zip drive built in he willnot buy one. Which customer will they want to keep.
As I see it, technics job is to design the keyboard with as much new technology,good sounds and speakers, good rhythms, easy computer compatability,and as much storage they can for a reasonable price.
jan

#65689 - 03/23/02 11:56 AM Re: KN7000 Feedback to Panasonic via E-Mail
Anonymous
Unregistered

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN A 7000?? I HAVE PLAYED ALL BRANDS OVER THE LAST 38 YEARS , AND EVERY TECHNICS THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED SINCE THE KN 800, HAS BEEN, IN ITS OWN RIGHT, AN EXCELLENT STEP FORWARD TO THE "EXELLENCE " WE AUTOMATICALLY EXPECT FROM THIS BRAND . IF MORE PRO`S WHERE TO PLAY EVEN A 6500, THEY WOULD NOT NEED RACKS OF MODULES AND AN RD1000, JUST TO IMPRESS THE PUNTERS, THE POINT IS , UNTIL PRO`S CATCH ON TO THE 7000 AND " INVEST " IN IT , TECHNICS WILL STILL BE CALLED A WALLY BOARD BY PRO`S , WHO DON`T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MISSING IN THE WAY OF "UNIQUE " SOUND QUALITIES THAT ALL YOU PEOPLE KNOW IS PART OF TECHNICS CHARTER TO THE INDUSTRY, LETS STOP TALKING ,AND WAIT AND SEE THE WONDERS THAT THESE GUYS HAVE PUT TOGETHER FOR US,THEY HAVE NOT LET ME DOWN YET , AND LETS LEAVE " THE PROS TO WALLOW ABOUT LOOKING FOR PATCHES " WE HAVE HAD FOR YEARS WITH THIS BRAND, THANKS FOR THE PICS FUZZY

------------------
malc

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online