SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62445 - 03/21/02 06:47 AM delaying APC
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Seems like some files I use, the APC has a delay between chord changes. Can this delay be eliminated? I Have a 3000?

Mike

#62446 - 03/21/02 10:24 AM Re: delaying APC
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Can't solve your problem I'm afraid - all I can do is to offer the comment that I had no trouble with my 3000 with APC but do have it with the KN6000.

Peter

#62447 - 03/21/02 11:03 AM Re: delaying APC
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Mike, try to explain a little more about how
this delay work.
Is it when you change chord at the start of a
measure, or is it in the mesure, 1/4, 1/2 etc. ?
And do you use the chord memory on or off?
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 03-21-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62448 - 03/21/02 12:49 PM Re: delaying APC
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Gunnar:

The chor memory is on. What is happening is that when I play a chord in my left hand that is in the APC mode, and I go to change to the next chord, the chord lags for maybe a half second or so...just long enuf to make it sound yucky. Now, the interesting part of all this is that it doesnt happen in other files, so I am assuming that this lag can be edited some way.

Mike

#62449 - 03/21/02 01:18 PM Re: delaying APC
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Is it the style/pattern itself who is delayed
at the start of the measure, or is it only
when you change the chord where ever in the
measure you are?
If it's only happening with one or two styles,
it might be that the pattern is not "quantizised"
and you have to edit in the composerparts.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62450 - 03/21/02 02:15 PM Re: delaying APC
technicsplayer Offline

does the style use composer chord map?

#62451 - 03/21/02 03:19 PM Re: delaying APC
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
I have found this problem on the 6000 but only on custom styles and only on those styles on which I have filled up 4 or 5 of the accompaniment parts with busy patterns, eg guitar strums.
I have always presumed I am exceeding the memory capacity (as opposed to the polyphony) of the custom in some way.
Can't say I noticed this on the 5000 which of course had fewer accompaniment parts.
Peter

#62452 - 03/22/02 01:53 AM Re: delaying APC
technicsplayer Offline

the reason I asked is because the composer chord map on the 3000 would actually switch composers to achieve a different pattern for minor, seventh and diminished chords.

This involved a delay which professional players tended not to like. I thought it similar to going back a few years to Kn1000 days where you had to hit the chord that little bit earlier to get a clean transition.

The effect was not noticable on the normal composers not using the chord map. I did not mind the composer chord map, and rather liked the function.

However it was dropped on the 5000, and the chord modify change system on the 6000 was a far superior implementation of the same kind of system to achieve similar results, with no lags.

I am genuinely perplexed by talk of lags on the 6000 with the latest flash. I have never noticed anything here save the expected glitches if the start of composers are not programmed correctly in C major. But even this is not really a lag, more a lurch in harmony.

#62453 - 03/22/02 10:49 AM Re: delaying APC
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Expanding on my original post and adding to the perplexity, I bought my KN6 a few months after they were introduced and the lag was immediately apparent. I wrote to Technics and was told that update 4 would cure the problem, so pretty obviously the existent of a fault was known by Technics. This up date certainly made a considerable improvement but still an intermittent delay, and always a delay when playing an E flat chord. I hoped that updating my 6000 with the EW65 card would finally effect a cure, but no joy.
When I raised the matter on the other site several people appeared to have the same problem. The delay occurs with both preset and floppy styles.

One other and possibly related (?) thing is that playing any ninth chord using APC always results in a non related and total dischord. This too was raised on the other site and one or two other folk had a similar happening. Letters etc to Technics have so far resulted in nil replies. They're not proving these days to be exactly user friendly folk.......

Peter

------------------
Peter

#62454 - 03/22/02 03:57 PM Re: delaying APC
technicsplayer Offline

there's no way a soundcard would affect it, if it is there, only an update to the operating system software code in a flash system update. I wonder if the Eb chord provides a clue?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online