SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65466 - 12/03/02 02:43 AM Does the KN6000 have sysex transmission?
michaela Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
I have just upgraded my KN 5000 to a KN 6000 and have just discovered it does not have sysex transmit (dump) or sysex receive in its MIDI menu.

As a KN 5000 user, this is presenting me with a big headache trying to retreive songs and data from Cakewalk.

Can anyone confirm this fact, and also, any ideas on how to get around this problem

many thanks!

#65467 - 12/03/02 07:38 AM Re: Does the KN6000 have sysex transmission?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Michaela, Did you get a copy of "The Blue Book" (SX-KN6000 Reference Guide) when you got your keyboard? All the data for MIDI implementation is printed in there. Having looked at it, it certainly seems that SYSEX is implemented - I would have been surprised if it wasn't!
If you didn't get a copy, let me know and I'll scan the pages and email to you.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65468 - 12/03/02 08:05 AM Re: Does the KN6000 have sysex transmission?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've just checked on my KN6000 and found the SYSEX control at :
Prog. Menus/MIDI/Control Messages/Page 3.....SYSEX ON/OFF

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65469 - 12/04/02 02:01 AM Re: Does the KN6000 have sysex transmission?
michaela Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Many thanks Bill for your advice. Yes I did notice the addressing for the patches and many other midi parameters (from the blue reference book).

My issue is the inability to send (and receive) information such as the Sound Memory, Panel Memories as was the case with the KN5000.

I have spent a lot of time setting up Cakewalk with the Bank addresses and patch names so that I can easily access them on the KN5000 via Cakewalk. Similarly, if I edited a sound and saved it to a sound memory location, it was so easy to send it to Cakewalk via a sysex dump for recall at a later date. In the normal course, an individual player would use the KN floopy disk, but in my case, the KN is a part of a larger group of keyboards and hence the need to use Cakewalk to integrate all the instruments.

Does this help you see the scope of my technical problems.

I must say on a positive note, that the KN6000 sounds absolutely fabulous.

Your thoughts and advise are most welcome!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online