SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65330 - 02/09/03 06:04 PM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
G/P Doug: All your points are well taken and well explained. I really do use all the methods you have pointed out and if I could play as well and easy as you do, I would likely use them even more. The five or so features you allude to, require great use of the hands (both)while you are playing. A beginner like me is so intent on the written notes, that I cannot allow much eye scanning of the board, to find the feature I want to use. When I use fade-out there is to much delay, and the delay time cannot be varied. (without resetting this feature) Also the fade-out blinks for several measures after the last note, which requires waiting before setting the next arrangement. With the pedal, a fade-in or out, can be long or short, fast or slow, loud or soft, and the next song can begin at once. An Organ without an expression pedal, will never sound like and organ traditionally does, so really this is just another tool to use to embellish and simplify ones playing. In conclusion, I say " whatever your using G/P Doug, and whatever your method of playing is, G/P Doug, DON'T CHANGE A THING....
Because, after spending three days with you, there is little left for you to do, to significantly improve your beautiful keyboard playing. You taught me so much during your visit to my home, that you just know I will endevor to work on and prefect all your suggestions in this inlightening thread. Best wishes always---------ARJ

#65331 - 02/09/03 11:41 PM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
joergi64 Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi gents, Iīd like to comment on the way you use this forum. For my understanding it is a forum to discuss problems, exchange tips or ideas etc. But if I reads such long "remarks" (are they really still remarks ???), I really have to aks myself, if this is of help to somebody. Hey, using a pedal or whatever is still a matter of "taste" (as we say in Germany - donīt know the expression in english) - if you like it, use it - if not, then donīt use it. But please keep this forum free of such discussions - if you need that, then write emails. Please. Thanks. Kind regards, Joerg (who is just 38 and uses an expression pedal because he prefers using it...itīs as simple as that ;-)).

#65332 - 02/10/03 02:26 AM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I,for one,feel compelled to disagree.I like the friendly atmosphere generated by real helpful information embellished with personal quips. Comradere is part of belonging to and participating in a group.
It is as simple as that.

Bernie

Quote:
Originally posted by joergi64:
Hi gents, Iīd like to comment on the way you use this forum. For my understanding it is a forum to discuss problems, exchange tips or ideas etc. But if I reads such long "remarks" (are they really still remarks ???), I really have to aks myself, if this is of help to somebody. Hey, using a pedal or whatever is still a matter of "taste" (as we say in Germany - donīt know the expression in english) - if you like it, use it - if not, then donīt use it. But please keep this forum free of such discussions - if you need that, then write emails. Please. Thanks. Kind regards, Joerg (who is just 38 and uses an expression pedal because he prefers using it...itīs as simple as that ;-)).

#65333 - 02/10/03 11:48 AM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joergi64,
Appreciate your view, but since it pertains to what most of us are interested in...........playing the keyboard........why not just skip those threads and only read the ones you like.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#65334 - 02/10/03 01:46 PM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I find that I learn so much from these conversations between musicians with such knowkedge of their instrument. Without these, the forum would be very sterile. A bit of humour in this dark world doesn't go amiss either.Just my humble opinion. Jean.

P.S. Love to Doug and Ruthie.

#65335 - 02/10/03 05:02 PM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I believe that this thread started in response to a question that I asked. And of course I got a philosophical and rather long amswer from my good friend Grandpa Doug. After Doug and I went a few rounds, others joined in the fun and things went on from there.
Besides the fun and the ribbing, there has been a lot of information and suggestions exchanged between members, and of course their viewpoints. All with the end result that I hope all of us have learned something a little new from the discourse.
Sometimes more can be learned from conversation than from a straight and sanitized technical discussion. From my point of view, both are necessary and both valuable.
I find that the varied subject matter and the various ways that it is presented make for interest and anticipation of what might come next.
Let's not change anything -- I'm having too good of a time.
Regards to all,
Walt (in New Mexico)

#65336 - 02/10/03 07:26 PM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Walt (in New Mexico)[/B][/QUOTE]

Excellent Point Walt. Couldn't have said it better.
Tony

#65337 - 02/10/03 08:19 PM Re: Expression, one way or another!!!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by joergi64:

I am amazed to see a junior member with only 6 prior posts come into this forum and start telling the members with hundreds of posts and several years of membership how to run it and what is or is not acceptable.
joergi64, we now have your email address and in the event it becomes necessary to seek your advice on how to operate this forum for the good of the order, I hope we can feel free to seek your advice. Until then, know you are welcome here but just don't rock the keyboard.
PS: There is a Technics forum on Yahoo also.

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online