SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64937 - 06/13/06 07:48 AM BOOM, CRASH, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi ya all!

Has anyone experienced a booming crashing sound of cymbals on occasion at the beginning of a song or when working in COMPOSER or SEQUENCER? This seldom happens but once is too often. If I remember correctly, this would happen every once in awhile on the KN6000 I had and it happens in my KN7000. It is sort of frightening when it happens. It has also happens in SD SONG MEDLEY.

Scott

#64938 - 06/14/06 12:20 PM Re: BOOM, CRASH, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi
Havent really but will check it out.

Cheers Barry

#64939 - 06/14/06 03:33 PM Re: BOOM, CRASH, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Scott,

If this was happening on your KN6000 could you be using a setup that was saved using the KN6000?

I had a bitch of a KN6000 which would make all kinds of peculiar sounds but mostly would just shut down for no reason. (Very embarrasing when playing for dancing as it left the people dancing to 'silence' and I'm sure they didn't believe me when I tried to explain the keyboard was "playing up again") However to get back to your problem, from time to time when I was using a KN6000 setup, I would hear the same peculiar sounds so I took all my KN6 setups, loaded them in the KN7 and re-saved them - problem solved!

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#64940 - 06/14/06 05:09 PM Re: BOOM, CRASH, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Aud,

Thanks for your reply. Very interesting what you said about possibly this happening from the KN6000. Most of my work thus far has been songs done in the KN6000 and PANEL MEMORY sets from the KN6000 to the KN7000. I have saved them to a SD card and since, have updated the PANEL MEMORIES as well as made some changes in the songs from the KN6000. I have been doing new songs in the KN7000 and this has happened as well as playing from the SD card of work done in both keyboards. It mostly happens at the very beginning of a song where the rhythm starts but happened once several measures into a song. As I stated, this happens seldom but once is too often. The sound is a booming crash sound with a hard hit on a cymbal. It has also happened once in using COMPOSER and at least twice when I am sequencing a song and in this case, always when I start to play or listen to what I have done. I am becoming paranoid for I lie in wait for it to happen. Could this be what is called a "Phenomenon?" It doesn't list this in the manual.

Scott

#64941 - 06/17/06 03:06 PM Re: BOOM, CRASH, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Scott,

It sounds to me as though you also purchased an "iffy" KN6000. However, since you have been making changes and saving them via the KN7, I am at a loss to know what to say to you. The only suggestion I can make is to appeal to Technics Player, he is an expert on Technics Keyboard problems and 9/10 times comes up with a cure for the ailment.

Worth a try I would have thought, because it is very frustrating when these things happen and if it were me, I think I would be tearing my hair out by now.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#64942 - 06/18/06 05:29 AM Re: BOOM, CRASH, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

I owned the KN6000 for about a year and sold it because of the problems I was having, the keyboard would simply stall on boot up, and re-initailize, I do remember also getting problems similar to those you mention with regard sound. I also had on one occasion data loaded from my old KN6000, lock up my new KN7000.

The KN6000 in my opinion was very unstable.

If I were you Scott I wouldn't load any data into your KN7000 that has been worked on and saved in your KN6000 or any other KN6000 for that matter.

All the best

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online