SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64796 - 02/10/05 06:44 PM Why do you own so many Keyboards?
Koda Offline

Loc: Canada
I have only been coming around this board for a while, maybe I missed something.
I notice allot of people posting that they have 5 or more keyboards, curious why, considering the are some what the same and you can only play maybe 2 at a time

#64797 - 02/10/05 09:00 PM Re: Why do you own so many Keyboards?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Koda,
sometimes it's just not worth selling them when trading up to a newer model, you don't get enough for them as trade in , so might as well keep them.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Koda:
I have only been coming around this board for a while, maybe I missed something.
I notice allot of people posting that they have 5 or more keyboards, curious why, considering the are some what the same and you can only play maybe 2 at a time

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#64798 - 02/11/05 04:12 AM Re: Why do you own so many Keyboards?
Smithy Offline

I keep some of the smaller models because of my work - sometimes it isn't practical to carry a 3000 or 7000 into a school and have a class of 30 children mess about on it, for example.

Also, I've found the smaller models to have their own distinct "sound" which I can't emulate on the larger models

#64799 - 02/11/05 10:00 AM Re: Why do you own so many Keyboards?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
It isn't so important now with all these fancy General Arranger keboards however........
In the good old days we had ONLY work stations and Midi.
Songs were manufactured by using midi one layer and track at a time. We often used several keyboards for a given song to get the sounds from them.
When we played the song in the studio or mastered it all the keyboards used played at once time with the sounds and tracks that were used from each individual keyboard. Have times changed?
Now we push a button and record a song and play it all in one keyboard.
But as Rikkie sez: Now it is too late to get a decent price for keyboard so we save them to sell as antiques to the next generations. As Junk we can get huge prices for them
Best to all
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online