SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64689 - 11/05/03 06:05 AM Song Summer Time is Available
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I have a zip file of Summer Time I recorded last night. I can't post it on my site because I don't really use AOL any more so I have to pay by the hour to update the site.

If you are interested send me and email and I'll send it to you or if one of you has a site you'd like to post it on that would be fine too.

It should load on KN7000s and there are midi versions included as well.

Heather Cox

#64690 - 11/06/03 04:59 PM Re: Song Summer Time is Available
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Heather, Why not send it to Cees

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64691 - 11/07/03 05:11 AM Re: Song Summer Time is Available
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Willum,

Sadly I'm running into that compatibility problem we were discussing.

It seems that the PR54 will load and play KN6000,KN7000 disks and PR804 disks but the files it saves won't load into any of them. At least as reported to me by Fran and Anthony. It's why I sent along a Midi version just in case.

I'm hoping to sit down with a HEX editor in the next couple of weeks and see if there is a chance I can write a program that will modify them so they'll load at least into the KN7000.

Can any one tell me if the KN6K disks load directly into the KN6K? If they do I try to make them KN6K loadable to cover both if I can do it at all.

Heather

#64692 - 11/07/03 06:34 AM Re: Song Summer Time is Available
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
HI All:

The style that shcox uses is great, I recommend this is worth listening to. shcox arrangement has a lively up beat tempo to this song.

The zip file contains the song in 3 different formats:
1. PR54 format.
2. True Technics NX.
3. Technics NX using Power Track to modify it and saved as GM

PR54 format- Won't work on my PR804. It might be interesting to see if the PR54 format works on the KN2400 and KN2600.

True Technics NX- Sounds great, but with the limitation of one melody instrument.

NX w/Power Track- Was the best all around sound when played on the PR804. The melody included the different mix of instruments and purely great to listen to. It worked when loaded NX to NX and also GM/GM2 to NX using the PR804.

Anthony

#64693 - 11/08/03 08:35 AM Re: Song Summer Time is Available
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
I have mailed the song "Summertime" to all my Technics email lists.
Heather, you really did a fine job on this recording. It is one of the most exciting arrangements of this song I have ever heard and it has been a favorite of mine since we did the original theatre show.
Thanks for sharing your work with us. I am sure we will all be looking forward to whatever you decide to share with us next
Best to all
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online