SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64583 - 02/04/05 12:32 AM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Peter, hope you're keeping well.

Well it's a thought, but i'm convinced that what happened to my KN7000 was almost identical to the experience that Audrey went through with her KN7000 (as mentioned earlier in this thread)

The Floppy was in itself: Good quality, Formatted often, and never had anything loaded onto it other than KN... Files.

I also have all the latest Norton anti virus software and definition files on my computer.

Kind regards

Peter

#64584 - 02/04/05 05:35 AM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
Hi Doron,

Many thanks for your concerns, i'm also very pleased my KN7000 is back up and running,

I suspect that the salvation for your keyboard came from the CD in Alec's book

#64585 - 02/04/05 08:00 AM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Hello Peter,

I have not experience it, however my concern came up, since I occasionally did buy floppy disks with premade styles, to me it is very crucial to be aware that some files that were not specifically made on the kn7000 itself may interfere in some way with the kn7000 custom memory.

I would like to know, how can I obtain the clear floppy disk, just as a rescue tool for the kn7000. Any thoughts?

w/r
Doron Peisic

#64586 - 02/04/05 11:40 AM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Doron

Isee you are enquiring where you can obtain a clear custom floppy disk.

I believe that Peter was describing the Floppy disk as a METHOD that was used to overwrite his faulty custom file that was causing the problem on his KN7 and is not actually a floppy that can be purchased with this CLEAR file on.

A Clear custom file can be created by anyone who is conversant with the Custom File copy etc., feature and simply means copying a CLEAR style overwriting each of the 1-20 custom files.

If you are not familiar enough to do this then you can purchase Alecs' book that Walt Tenay has mentioned of a previous subject on this forum "How to get the best out of your KN7" - an excellent book, and that will also include a CD which will contain amongst other things a CLEAR CUSTOM FILE. Joan

#64587 - 02/04/05 09:09 PM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
dpeisic Offline

Joan,

Thanks for you insight. I am considering your recomandation.

w/r
Doron Peisic

#64588 - 02/05/05 08:50 AM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doron,

As a Technics owner it will be the best investment you have ever made.

Fran in Florida

#64589 - 02/05/05 09:06 AM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there Doron

If you are new to the Technics keyboards then I would suggest that you also purchase Alec's How Do I Do that Extended Manual which was written for the previous KN keyboard the KN6 and which also can be obtained from the Walt Tenay site. see previous postings on this.

The Getting the most from your KN7000 follows on from that previous issue and addresses the newer features of this latest keyboard.

With both these manuals you will be in a far better position to understand the keyboard.

It is worth noting that these two manuals ARE NOT TO BE CONFUSED with the Technics issue of their manuals.

Joan

#64590 - 02/05/05 03:34 PM Re: KN7000 Failure (conclusion)
dpeisic Offline

Hello All,

Thanks all for all the support.

I did order from Walt today the books according to your recommendations.

How to do that, getting to know you kn7000, and its video. I also bought the PDF file for the how do that, which it is in fully colored.

Now I will have much more to explore and learn, and I am looking forward for it!

W/r
Doron Peisic

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online