SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64555 - 06/12/03 07:19 PM KN7000 will soon be here
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Are you ready for this??
Am I ready for this??
After reading all the problems about the KN7000 on this forum from the day the first one was delivered, I had decided not to buy a kn7 and instead bought a new Yamaha 9000.
As many of you know I have now relented now that our inhouse guru's have shown you all how to resolve your problems, and ordered the KN7000. I am told it will ship to me in another week.
I shudder to think that I have to go through all the problems that you did.
How about us starting an advice to Bebop topic here to make life easy enough for me that I will still have time to moderate the forum and send you all the songs and "stuff" that I get to forward.
I may need a lot of help because like many I get dumber as I get older. So..........
anything you think I should be aware of about the KN7000 only, please post it on this topic and then I can print it all out and maybe even get it working. I might even send you a song or two if I get it working real good.
HELP
Thanks to all
Best to all
Bebop

#64556 - 06/12/03 08:33 PM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
Hi Bill It seems like to me as I recall most of the problems were computer related. I currently have 4 KN keyboards and I think the KN7000 was the easyist to get on stream...since I have Mac computers and Panasonic didn't bother with the Mac I have haven't had any problems in that area. Good Luck Mel in the Florida Swamp

#64557 - 06/13/03 12:11 AM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Bebop

My advice is to play it for a while - get used to the feel and sound of this magnificent keyboard. Don't get bogged down straight away with the PC side initially or you could find you are going off in all directions. Joan

#64558 - 06/13/03 01:37 AM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Bill,
don't hurry, be happy .
1. Just enjoy the playing on the sound of the K7 for a few days. Just Joan said: get the feeling
1a. Then take a glas of wine to rest down
2. Record/save in beginning to your floppy-drive, like you did with your KN6.
2b. Then take a cool beer
3. After a while: buy a cardreader for you computer (maybe a multireader for?).
4. Download the SD-card-tool from the website of Thomas Konig (TKCMS). Install this on your computer and get acquainted with this superprogram
4. Mess a little around with the SD-card in the KN7 and via your computer.
4a. It's time for another glas of fine red wine and french loaf
5. Do not start directly to put it all on your SD-card, untill you are familiar with the working off and structure of the SD-card.
6. Now it's time to send in your songs and I should be honoured to have you on KERS!
6a. Then lean back, listen to all the beautiful songs you sended around, raise your glass: cheers!

Ooh, I forgot... I can imagine when you receive your KN7000 that we cannot rely a few days on your beautiful service to us, but we understand, take a few days for your self
That's why I mean: don't hurry, be happy..
Cees

#64559 - 06/13/03 02:09 AM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
With all that wine and cool beer I doubt you'll be able to SEE your KN7000 - never mind PLAY it
Just enjoy playing it Bill - as far as basic operation is concerned, it's not really a big learning curve from the KN6xxx - just the controls are in different places - but you soon get used to that.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64560 - 06/13/03 12:43 PM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Bill,

I think you have the 7000 confused with the 6000 which had a ton of bugs.

I do not remember seeing one major complaint on the 7000.

You are a true Technic keyboard fan and I just know you are going to love this keyboard.

Try to get some extra sack time now for once you receive and set up your 7000 it will be hard to tear yourself away.

I still get up in the middle of the night with an Idea for a song and start recording.
As Bud Wipple said. A labor of love.

The Best Always
Alex

#64561 - 06/13/03 01:50 PM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
My advise is to learn the new SD CARD abilities, and what it can do, and how you save, and what type of files play off the new sd console

My biggest problem was, unlike previous keyboards which basically had 2 file types
Technics format and Midi format and
could play both of these off of a floppy disk and/or save to a hard drive .

With the 7000 it took me a while to get it through my thick head that now we have 3 file types...

Technics which can be loaded and saved on a disk as before or loaded and saved on a SD Card.

SD Sound files are midi files which can be loaded and saved from a disk or a SD Card

SD Audio which are compressed mp3's play and save off of the sd card and sd console only .

Technic files do not play directly off the fancy chrome console. This console is for SD Sound files (midis) or SD Audio (mp3's)only. Technic files play as your 6000..start/stop button

The sd card is nothing more then a postage size portable hard drive that you will have to master to transfer the 3 basic type of formats to the sd card. Once you understand the basics of the sd card, it's home free....and fun!

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#64562 - 06/13/03 07:28 PM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
KN6 Guy Offline

Loc: Northern California
Bill,

Perhaps the wisest thing would have been to wait for the KN8000 or, at least, the 7500 to come out, since the KN7 has been out for quite sometime. It won't be much longer before many will be raving about the "latest model" and you will be stuck with 'last year's model' all over again. It does make one wonder if indeed we need all this technology. If playing becomes just pushing a few buttons, are we musicians or merely, technicians? Great things have come about for many a year by the old adage, "Less is more."

I know that I am guilty of trying to keep a tradition alive that has been dead for years.

KN6 Guy

#64563 - 06/13/03 07:54 PM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Well Bill, it sounds like your time. I do not have one word of advice about the keyboard---J U S T S I T B A C K A N D
E N J O Y!!!!!!!!

When I first got my KN7000 I put it in the middle of everything, and everytime I past it, I would S M I L E.

Enjoy Bill, John C.

#64564 - 06/14/03 07:41 AM Re: KN7000 will soon be here
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
If you use a expression pedal be aware of the following:
If you play the demo stuff without first pressing down on the expression pedal, you will get NO sound. The window will show all that's going on but the sound will not work.
I was ready to call a technician when I asked about this on this forum and got the above answer.
The KN7000 will delight you. The manual is next to nothing in the learning dep't.
The Pagada manual takes one into complex and difficult to understand stuff.
Use the arranger that sets up everything and you will be very happy without going into all the garbage that makes one wish he had not purchased the KN7000
Happy Playing. Lloyd

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online