SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64446 - 12/03/99 12:00 PM Looks like technics dont like to be Critizised
jamesblonde Offline

Loc: Australia
The only reason I feel they have gone off line with the chat forum is to stop the flood of Critizism. I feel this is poor marketing. IF they only listened to their customers, of which I am one, then they would still and always stay ahead of the rest. Dam shame. I have a kn3000 and love it. But due to their poor personal track record I wont be buying any more keybords from them.

#64447 - 12/05/99 01:57 PM Re: Looks like technics dont like to be Critizised
Roel Offline

Hi James,
I fully agree and I do not think to buy another Technics Keyboard in future. I owned the 2k, 3k and 5k. Now I play the X1 :GREAT INSTRUMENT !! (And perfect support from Ketron Italy !!!)

Roel

#64448 - 12/07/99 04:33 AM Re: Looks like technics dont like to be Critizised
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had already deserted the ship because they use a proprietary hard drive that costs way too much. And I had quit monitoring the forum because they kept deleting my posts, even though none were derogatory concerning Technics products. I owned an 800, 1000, 2000 and 5000, but there will not be another anytime soon.
Don

#64449 - 12/11/99 06:48 PM Re: Looks like technics dont like to be Critizised
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's a pity that it has turned out like that. When they lose long term Technics owners like you DonM they really have to figure they are dropping the ball. And killing their forum achieves nothing, as users of their products won't just disappear but simply talk publicly elsewhere. Better really I would have thought to deal with issues up front on their own website.

Maybe they will come here to get marketing feedback now

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-11-1999).]

#64450 - 12/12/99 12:21 AM Re: Looks like technics dont like to be Critizised
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In all fairness, the forum was there as a courtesy of Technics Canada. I don't supposed they have any real power with Technics other than being a large dealer.
Still, I think they hurt themselves by shutting it down in the manner they did.
I'll just bet they had pressure from Technics to close it.
Oh well, it's their loss. I like this forum a lot better anyway.
Don

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online