Hi everyone!

In choosing keyboards, organs and digital ensembles, I personally prefer Technics to Yamaha for many reasons, not least the useability of the sequencer. Having said that, the newer Yamaha instruments such as the PSR 1500, PSR 3000 and TYROS do have three Intros and three Endings. Furthermore, these Intros and Endings are separated into six buttons, and hence individually accessible. In contrast, the two pairs of Intros and Endings on Technics are mutually exclusive, having to share the same two buttons.

I know that we can put an Intro anywhere in a song in Step Edit. However, that is hardly a solution, and is far from real-time playing.

I believe that some of us are creative and/or crazy enough to use Intros even in the middle or the end of a song in real-time playing. Just imagine all those beautiful Intros always being contrained to the start and no longer available soon after.

False Recapitulation(s) or Intro(s) as a deceptive musical device has its place if used judiciously.

To complete the possibility, let's also have the Endings as Intros! Ah, the sweetness of duality, ambiguity and mixed identity . . . . .

Does anyone have any idea of getting around Technics' limitation?

Alternatively, can we assign Intro 1, Intro 2, Ending 1 and Ending 2 to four of the Performance Pads in Control Preset with impunity? Even it this works, I doubt that it is a satisfactory solution, for the Performance Pads are robbed of their more usual function.