SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64132 - 03/01/04 06:37 AM Help needed ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.. I have been asking several questions about this on the Gen Arr KB forum and have gotten some good assistance, but I figured I should also be asking my 'techie' friends as well ...
I have a kn6000 with the HS-SX6 hard drive ... I am looking to back-up my song files (SMF/technics formats) and registrations from the HD to my PC ... I have been told by Walt Tenay that the way to do this is through 'Tech Mgr 6000' which came with a special cable, but Walt no longer has the cable ... I am pretty sure I had downloaded the software on my old PC some time ago, but I don't remember anything about a cable ...I will be trying keysoft, but I also would like to know if anyone knows of another source...
Also, if any of you are using a kn6000 or kn6500 for making your own mp3s, I would appreciate any info you can give as to how you go about doing that...
many thanks in advance,
t.

#64133 - 03/01/04 08:35 AM Re: Help needed ...
technicsplayer Offline

Techmanager6000 has always been sold on cd, and the cable is proprietry, so Keysoft is the only source unless you find a second hand set on ebay or somewhere. Bear in mind the software does not work in XP.

Recording is just a question of connecting line out to line in on your soundcard and having some software. If you have newish Nero or Roxio cd/dvd burning packages reasonably serviceable free wave editors are bundled which can be used for recording. Otherwise look at the free Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about.php
to record your cd quality wave files. The last time I used CDex, which was a long time ago now, it was free and is a good MP3 converter/ripper for an alternative: http://www.cdex.n3.net/

#64134 - 03/01/04 08:51 AM Re: Help needed ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Alec... thank you ....
I don't have the kn6 manual in front of me ... what is the PC hook up on the kb for?

Is there a way to D/L the files on the hard drive other than Techmanager?
thnx,
t.

#64135 - 03/01/04 10:11 AM Re: Help needed ...
technicsplayer Offline

Do you mean the host socket? That's just an alternative to midi in/out connections.

No alternative. A long time ago I used to midi dump an entire panel setup to laptop, but since it took longer than writing to floppy disk, it was not really viable, and the feature disappeared into history accordingly.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online