SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64049 - 04/11/03 03:11 AM Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have a Kn7000 and a inexpensive SD card reader/writer. I would like to record audio on my computer, and load the audio file on to my SD card, then into my Kn7000. Also to be able to arrange and assort my files on the computer, and load them on to my SD card.

My question: Should I purchase a Panasonic audio writing kit, or a MP3 player? They're both in the same price range, and offer different atvantages and disatvantages. Is there a better method/product I can use?

Any help will be appreciate.
Thank you, John C

#64050 - 04/11/03 04:03 AM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
technicsplayer Offline

the important thing is the pansonic jukebox software supplied, any card reader supplied with the software will work.

Other card readers may work with the program for audio but I doubt very much if cheap ones will. I've a toshiba with built in sd slot, and jukebox and audio work fine with that.

#64051 - 04/11/03 06:29 AM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
John,
See the thread below.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001507.html

As I posted there, I have the Panasonic MP3 player and see no limitations with the hardware and software that are supplied. MP3 audio files written to the SD card using the supplied software play back fine in my dealer's KN7000.

Lanny

#64052 - 04/11/03 02:10 PM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Alec ,
I have a really cheap card reader as well as the Panasonic Juke Card Card Reader & Software. My cheap sd card reader doesn't work with the Juke Box program. The program doesn't seem to recognize the cheap reader.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
the important thing is the pansonic jukebox software supplied, any card reader supplied with the software will work.

Other card readers may work with the program for audio but I doubt very much if cheap ones will. I've a toshiba with built in sd slot, and jukebox and audio work fine with that.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#64053 - 04/11/03 02:21 PM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
If you want Audio Files, you need Jukebox.
When you purchace Jukebox, you also recieve the Panosonic Reader Writer. It will work

If you use the Jukebox software only and purchace a seperate reader writer, it may or may not work.

SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#64054 - 04/11/03 03:22 PM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
Lanny Offline

Larry,
Could you be more specific about what capability the Jukebox software has that the RealOne software supplied with the MP3 player does not have? Recording audio files to the SD card and then playing them back in the KN7000 works fine using the software supplied with the MP3 player. Thanks.
Lanny

#64055 - 04/12/03 01:37 AM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
technicsplayer Offline

the real one software is just a version of the jukebox software with a different name. Both process audio to the format needed for the sd card. As long as you can rip cd, convert wave, mp3 and wma, choose compression levels and program playlists you are fine for the 7k. Any other features are just secondary in the way of convenience and tailored to the application they are supplied for.

#64056 - 04/12/03 07:08 AM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
Lanny Offline

Alec,
Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the RealOne software. It appears to me that buying a Panasonic MP3 player that includes the software and the Panasonic SD card reader is a good alternative to the Jukebox/SD card reader kit.
Lanny

#64057 - 04/12/03 08:46 AM Re: Panasonic SD writer kit or MP3 player
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I am not familiar with RealOne Software.

My point was, that Jukebox and the supplied Panasonic Reader/Writer works for me.

If you found something else that does the job ...great...let us know, especially if the cost is lower.

SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online