SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64006 - 08/14/07 08:41 PM kn2000
richard Holdaway Offline

Loc: Whangarei New Zealand
Has anyone had their lcd screen decide not to work?
Mine comes on when turned on and then fades so that i can no longer see any items
Panasonic repair people say it cant be fixed however someone may have a cure for me
Fortunately i still have my kn7 but prefer the kn2 for ease of transporting
Heres hopeing
Richard

#64007 - 08/15/07 01:50 AM Re: kn2000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Richard,

Have you tried turning the KN 'off' and then holding the relevant buttons whilst turning it 'on' (sorry I don't know what these are but it should tell you in the manual). This will return it to factory status which I am sure you will already know about this little trick. Worth a try anyway.

Or, does the screen have a 'Contrast' control? If so, maybe this is set too bright and needs turning down a bit.

Just a thought!

Audrey

#64008 - 08/16/07 02:36 PM Re: kn2000
Walt M Offline

Richard, my old kn2000 screen is fading also but not to the extent that it cannot be seen. It also changes with time after I turn the keyboard on. I believe that there are only two possible causes for this behavior, 1) the LCD screen itself is dying, and 2) the power supply for the screen is acting up.
I haven't tryed to fix mine but perhaps I will someday. Just hope that it is the power supply because that is fixable - the LCD screen is not and there are probably no replacement parts available except to buy a used kn2000 with a good screen.
I wish that weren't the case because the kn2000 is a great instrument and sounds sweet. The only reason that I went to the kn7000 was because of the terribly slow loading time of the floppy disk on the kn2000.
Walt

#64009 - 08/17/07 07:40 AM Re: kn2000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
LCD devices are temperature sensitive and if the ambient temperature in the room, in which the keyboard is located is fairly low, then the display's contrast will be considerably different to that, after the keyboard has been switched on for a while and the internal temperature increased. This is quite normal and is the reason why a manual contrast control is fitted on many instruments with LCD devices.
Some instruments include a temperature sensing device, which is incorporated within the LCD circuit and this will automatically adjust the contrast.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online