SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63947 - 07/19/03 04:53 PM Sequence recording in technichord
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
I have reviewed the postings relating to using technichord with the sequencer.

Is it true that with the sequencer I can record, in one pass, all the following:

Right 1 in technichord voices

Right 2 in single voice

Left in single voice

Part 4 in technichord voices

Again all in one pass with the sequencer? Or is this only available in live playing while not recording?

Thanks for the info.

Larry

#63948 - 07/19/03 06:39 PM Re: Sequence recording in technichord
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Sure can Larry, although you can't assign Technichord to Right1 and Part 4 at the same time - ( if I understand your question correctly )

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63949 - 07/20/03 06:12 PM Re: Sequence recording in technichord
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Hi Bill,

When I record using the sequencer (not the easy record) I can only record one track at a time (of course I can set that one track as a technichord track and it will record in technichord, but no other tracks will record, although they will play together if I am playing live and not recording.

Am I missing the boat somewhere??

Thanks,

Larry

#63950 - 07/21/03 01:40 AM Re: Sequence recording in technichord
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Larry,

Didn't know what you actually meant by 'in one pass', but it doesn't matter anyway. Quite simply, the answer to your last question is:-

Set up to record into tracks 1 and 2 - select R1 and R2 in the conductor - set techni-chord to any style you wish - set techni-chord to either conductor, R1, or R2, and away you go. Bearing in mind of course, one vital factor:-

Both R1(T1), and R2(T2) will now have recorded your main melody (or whatever the main line is), with the techni-chord harmony underneath. The actual harmonic chords will be in either R1 or R2, according to how you set them in the first instance. All this of course, would give you a double melody line.

But , all is not wasted. Obviously you can change your main line voices via the sound panel, so as to give you the voice blend you wish. So, you would finish up with:- 2 main line blended voices, backed by a chorded accompaniment. Not always completely satisfactory, but quite effective.

Finally, do bear in mind, that you can improve matters enormously, by recording techni-chord on both T1 and T2, using this as accompaniment only, then add your melody lines via other tracks. To do so:- Record techni-chord onto each of T1 and T2 seperately, then muck aout with your voice changes for these at your leisure. This is by far a better method, albeit you're using up more polyphony.

Hope I haven't been teaching grandmother to suck eggs. My apologies if I have. Good luck. -- Colin Leaney.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online