SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63860 - 09/01/05 04:41 AM Sound Memory
Bazza Offline

Loc: Mannum SA AUSTRALIA
Hi,
I have "aquired" many songs over the years that contain special sounds in the sound memory.
When I load another song, the sound memory is changed.
How do I save these special sounds into one complete memory?

Regards Bazza

#63861 - 09/01/05 06:15 AM Re: Sound Memory
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bazza,
The options to save or load Sound Memory are on Page 2 of the SD Load or Floppy Disk Load and Save dialog. Just enable or disable as required.......
So, if a new song which you are about to load, contains Sound Memory data (you can determine this, by going to Page 2)and you wish to retain the existing sound memory, then just turn off the Sound Memory option on Page 2 of the Load screen.
If you have some sounds in Sound Memory which you wish to retain for future use, when you save to SD card or Floppy, just make sure that the Sound Memory option is enabled on Page 2 of the Save dialog.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63862 - 09/01/05 11:34 AM Re: Sound Memory
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Bazza - Do you mean selectively save single different sound memories from several different sound memory set ups and then put them into one amalgamated one?

Joan

#63863 - 09/01/05 12:30 PM Re: Sound Memory
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good Point Joan I missed that one It could be a 'Page 3' job........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63864 - 09/01/05 01:40 PM Re: Sound Memory
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Yes Bill - the page three LOAD method would do it. You could easily overwrite the saved file with others though. Has anyone any other thoughts on this........Joan

#63865 - 09/02/05 04:03 AM Re: Sound Memory
Bazza Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bazza:
Hi,
Thanks for the replies,
Yes Joan, You are right,I want to put single sounds from different sources into one memory.
When I try to load a new sound, the sound memory is overwritten.
I will look at page 3 and try it out.
Thanks again
Regards Bazza

#63866 - 09/03/05 10:00 AM Re: Sound Memory
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Well, here's a thought, and one that I use myself. Whenever I'm arranging a sequence or setting up styles, I will usually do the sounds that I think will go good with the song in mind and sometimes I will try different voices or groups of voices just for fun. Sometimes something pops up that strikes my fancy, maybe a combination of two completely different voices that meld together extremely well, or perhaps just something odd, that fits the song. These sounds are the ones I save to a special floppy with a label to fit the catagory, i.e., Waltz, Big Band, Country, etc. This method has worked out really good for me when I have trouble deciding what particular sounds I want to use for a song because I can pop in a disk and try out different groups of sounds until I find something I like. Now sometimes, like Bazza says, different sounds come along that aren't found on your particular keyboard, like LoPiano, for instance. These are the ones I save to a special floppy for further investigation. They can be used in the future of course, but better yet, one can load the voice into sound group memory and/or panel memory and check it out with sound edit. There you can usually find the secret ingrediant that makes the voice unique, usually a combination of two or more voices that are tweaked just so to get the special sound. Give it a try - it's not only fun, but if you come up with a different sound - you get to name it! How about that?

#63867 - 09/04/05 04:58 AM Re: Sound Memory
Bazza Offline

[QUOTE]
Hi Bud, Joan,Willum Uncle Bob and all who sent eMails,
Thanks for your help
I saved the wanted sound files to disk and then added them to the sound memory,as on Page 3.
The 40 locations in the sound memory will soon be filled with those specials sounds for that special event when you don't have a lot of time spend on set ups.
Bud is great on special sounds for special songs, my eyes water ever time I listen to his 9/11 tribute.
Thanks again to all Regards Bazza

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online