SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63764 - 02/25/03 06:21 AM No sound from monitor speakers on kn7000
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I have just noticed that the 2 front speakers are not making much (or any) sound. The 2 back speakers are working fine. My question to anyone with a KN7000 is - should be speakers be making much sound (I have tried placing my ear close to the speaker grill but don't think there is even a whisper). Thanks in advance.

Tony Harbour

#63765 - 02/25/03 09:44 AM Re: No sound from monitor speakers on kn7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tony, As you probably know, the front two speakers are the tweeters and of course only handle the higher frequencies, which tend to have less sound energy than the mid/bass frequencies. I tried the check that you did, using the 'DEMO' and it is difficult to tell if anything is coming out of the tweeters. However if you put a reasonably thick book, say the KN7000 user manual, completely over the mid range speaker, it is quite evident that there is sound emanating from the tweeters. Hope this is the case with you and that they are not faulty.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63766 - 02/25/03 10:54 AM Re: No sound from monitor speakers on kn7000
tony harbour Offline

Hi - Bill - thankyou v much for doing the sound test - and your suggestion to put the book of the speaker is a great idea - why didn't i think of that - i'll give it a try later when i get back home.

Here's hoping
Tone

#63767 - 02/26/03 04:01 PM Re: No sound from monitor speakers on kn7000
tony harbour Offline

I tried out your suggestion Bill - and yes there is sound output - I'm surprised though by the fact it doesn't seem to affect the final mix - not to my ears anyway.

#63768 - 02/26/03 04:35 PM Re: No sound from monitor speakers on kn7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good news Tony - Try covering up both the tweeters while playing and see if you notice a difference in the brilliance of the sound. Also, it might be useful to check the setting of your graphic equaliser to make sure that it isn't set up with high frequency roll off.
Due to the natural fall off in our ear's high frequency response as we get older, I have my KN7000 equaliser set up to boost the higher frequencies a little.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63769 - 02/26/03 05:20 PM Re: No sound from monitor speakers on kn7000
tony harbour Offline

I am 37 - my hearing is still sharp - i have already tried the g. equaliser and placing hand over the tweeters - there is an almost inperceptional loss in the ting of a cymbal - maybe my ears need syringing!

ATB Tone.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online