SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63689 - 08/04/02 08:06 PM How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello to all ,

I believe that starting back at the KN800/1000 to present day , Technics developed " dynamic accompianment" or "dynamic arranger " . My understanding is that when you applied pressure to the left hand , the arrangement would become more "live" .
How many technics owners utilize this feature ?

dano

#63690 - 08/04/02 08:19 PM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I had dynamic accomp on my EA5 organ and loved it. It is sorely missed on my KN5000. It was trigered by striking the keys extra hard or by playing faster parts. I believe the KN2000 also had that feature. It only worked with built in rhythms.

#63691 - 08/04/02 11:29 PM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Although not a KN board. I had this feature Dynamic feature on a Korg i30 and used it most of the time. I could set this so that within a style if was Piano on ACC1 & Guitar on ACC2 depending on the velocity of your playing the style would switch between Piano & Guitar.

Graham UK

#63692 - 08/05/02 06:47 AM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
In my opinion this dynamic accompaniment was introduced as a new feature on the KN3000. In the days that I owned this KB I used the dynamic accompaniment almost all the time. You're arrangement became a lot more "live" because it somewhat interacted with your playing. I liked it a lot. Unfortunately Technics dropped the feature on the KN5000. I still don't know why. The same thing has happened with the Sound Controller from the KN6x00. They didn't put it on the KN7000 , this was such a cool feature. I think I will buy a Kaoss pad form Korg when I decide to buy the KN7000, since you can do the same with that thing. Somehow Technics has this strange tendency to drop great features when they build a new KB.

[This message has been edited by Dutch player (edited 08-05-2002).]

#63693 - 08/05/02 08:34 AM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
DanO1 ..... my kn1000 had the 'dynamic accompaniment feature, which as I recall, was triggered by the speed of play from your right hand .... you're right that it added a more 'live' feel to your playing .... I was disappointed that it was not on the kn6000 (along with the sound effects mentioned in the other thread ..... )
t.

#63694 - 08/05/02 10:48 AM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
The dynamic accomp is the thing I miss most when using the onboard styles.
It was an excellent feature, and imagine if they get it work like that when use loaded external styles too, that would be something

The never keyboards have more measures in the loop, and that makes is much more easy to build in small "variations" to give some live feeling, but I still miss the dynamic accomp feature I learned to know at the KN3000.
GJ

Please excause me for my bad writing, I think
"never" and "newer" is two different things, eh??
It should be the word "newer"

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 08-05-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#63695 - 08/05/02 10:58 AM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I agree wholeheartedly with the comments about the Dynamic Accompaniment. I also used it much of the time. I think it was a great feature and when it was dropped on the later keyboards, I was really saddened. I had hoped that it might be reinstated on the KN7000 but it looks like it's not to be
Perhaps it was dropped because many people did not quite understand how to use it ?

C'mon Technics - give it back to us

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 08-05-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63696 - 08/05/02 11:09 AM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
on my 2000 I always left it on and it always surprised me with a different riff or drum fill and i could never tell what triggered it it may have been key pressure speed of right or even five note chords with right hand never did manage to sort out just how or why oe when it did what it did but it really enhanced all the styles

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 08-05-2002).]

#63697 - 08/05/02 03:52 PM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Gunnar, Don't worry about your "Bad Writing" - I'm sure none of us would criticise your posts - I think you do remarkably well, as do others on this forum, whose native language is not English. How many of us can speak or write Norwegian?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63698 - 08/05/02 08:05 PM Re: How many Technics owners use the dynamic arranger
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I believe the reason makers do not continue some features is they want to keep the value of the earlier model up. If the kn7000 had everything the 6500 had and more, then the 6500 would go down in value as soon as the 7000 was on the market. So they drop features so users with still want the 6500 for certain reasons. And that is also why newer models don't get many new features or that high of an upgrade. Remember also that they need to save some technology already made for the next model. It is all a strategic marketing game.
Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online