SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63162 - 01/21/05 01:47 AM Collective Music Making on a Theme
Khai Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Dear Fellow Members,

Earlier, I announced that I would like to make a potentially exciting proposal or project for everybody to collaborate in a more concerted way towards the goal of allowing our creative energy to aggregate on a set theme. This is a great way to join forces and ideas, and to provide some framework over which learning and creating music are thematically geared and structured.

If some among us are of the opinion that making something out of a mere 16-bar melody is tentamount to doing an exercise that demands a lot of creative output and transformative power from very little raw material ---- a case of having too little to work with but still being able to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse ---- then I am content to provide more pointers.

I believe that many of us have a great deal of tacit admiration for websites like Technicsforall.com, which has brought together the musical ideas and creations of people for mutual enjoyment and appreciation.

In consolidating my proposal, I follow the ethos of these non-commercial websites, and seek declaration of interest in the TAMMY project. This new horizon requires the support and endorsement of music lovers to implement a website at Technicsforall.com or other possible sites based on the script or formula that I have carefully prepared for the TAMMY project. The availability of such a website should attract and benefit a lot of members and new visitors.

Such a project will provide a platform for visitors and members to participate in and create something on a set theme, and can potentially boost not only the profile of Technicsforall.com or other similar websites but also the interaction and musical interest of visitors and members.

The foundational work required for getting the new website up and running needs to be done only once. Looking ahead, the TAMMY project can perhaps run for a year, after which there will be a new project based on a new song. There is just going to be the relatively simple task of accommodating the necessary changes in the song title and lyrics. The website itself is quite ready to run from one year to the next with a different song for each year.

I for one am reminded that from now on there will be no more new release of Technics instruments to excite us with new configurations and improvements, or compel us to ask a new set of questions about how to tackle features on the new instruments. I hope that my project proposal can allay the coming lacunas and also provide an effective and participatory avenue for reaching out to members across different continents. It can be likened to an international EXPO with a different theme every year.

[This message has been edited by Khai (edited 01-21-2005).]

#63163 - 01/21/05 12:50 PM Re: Collective Music Making on a Theme
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Khia.
If you were Dutch - German - French - Italian. or other nationality, familiar only with basic English,Do you think you would welcome a post you could not understand, because of the Shakesperian format of your post.I am not being sarcastic.just realistic.
Sicerely.
Joe.

#63164 - 01/21/05 02:30 PM Re: Collective Music Making on a Theme
Khai Offline

Dear Joe,

Quite the contrary! Even those Europeans with basic English will soon realise that there is a diversity of writing and thinking styles in the Synth Zone, as much as there is a wide range of musical styles available at Technicsforall.com.

Besides, language translation engines are freely available on the Internet. They can display the Synth Zone sites and forums in many different languages. Of course, you can always argue that some of those translation engines may have trouble translating my writings.

[This message has been edited by Khai (edited 01-21-2005).]

#63165 - 01/21/05 02:47 PM Re: Collective Music Making on a Theme
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#63166 - 01/21/05 03:01 PM Re: Collective Music Making on a Theme
Khai Offline

Thanks for spicing up the thread with animated graphics.

------------------
Khai

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online