SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63044 - 05/19/02 02:36 AM Technics WSA-1 Instrument/Patchlist
ash Offline

I'm in desperate need of a patch-list for my synth. I need it so that my seq software will recognise the patches/sounds in my keyboard. There is a small 4 page booklet that comes with the manual that lists the patches and their relevent MIDI patch number and bank number.
I would be greatly indebted to anyone able to get a copy of this to me via email, fax, snail-mail, url link.
Alternatively, any advice on how to determine the exact order of the patches so that I can enter them manually from the keyboard display screen would be greatly appreciated.
The patch-list is just a simple text document that tells the MIDI management software that you have these sounds and where it need to look to find them.

Regards,

Ash.

#63045 - 05/19/02 04:25 AM Re: Technics WSA-1 Instrument/Patchlist
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've had a search on the Panasonic/Technics web sites using WSA-1 and WSA1 and there is only one reference to this instrument, in a Technics History document. You could try contacting Panasonic at www.panasonic.com or(co.uk)depending where you are. Although they don't list any manuals as being available for that model, they may be able to provide the info you require.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63046 - 05/19/02 12:19 PM Re: Technics WSA-1 Instrument/Patchlist
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ASH,
Welcome to the Technics Forum, a place where you can get almost all questions answered and problems solved by some of the smartest and most qualified people to ever sit at and play a Technics Keyboard.
I see you list your occupation as a MUSICIAN. It is great to have another working musician here. We do have many so you will be in good company. Also don't overlook the General Arranger Forum here on the Synthzone where there are many more working musicians.
Please put your keyboard models on your interests line in your profile
Read as many of the posts as you have time for and you will learn a lot about us and the forum, and know you are welcome here

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 05-19-2002).]

#63047 - 05/20/02 06:43 AM Re: Technics WSA-1 Instrument/Patchlist
ash Offline

Thanks, but I've been in touch with Technics, Panasonic, and their official service centre in my state, Technote, the WSA ezboard, macmusic, every WSA website. Still no dice.
And now thanks to my enthusiasm to try new things I've accidentally Sysexed from my computer to the synth and freaked out the synth: 3 out of 4 main banks display Piano as the only sound: and when I select that sound, it diverts me to the rom/ext bank. I was trying to sysex into cubase - which worked. Then I accidentally clicked my mouse button which was hovering over the play button while I was looking at the sysex list and wham! knocks out 80% of my synth. Tried resetting, the works. It's going back to the techs for a long time.
It probably won't undo cos I've got a problem that needs to be fixed with the memory anyway (it changes my sounds at random).
Just when I reckoned I'd figured it out too: the banks are in order with 128 numbered patches in them, so it's simply a matter of reading off the screen and entering them in the right order into OMS. GRRRRRRR!

Thanks anyway,

Ash.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online